PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Denver Anglin to redshirt 2023-24 season

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Denver Anglin to redshirt 2023-24 season

Postby PonyPride » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:48 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Lanier Announces That Denver Anglin Will Redshirt This Season

DALLAS (SMU) – Sophomore guard Denver Anglin will redshirt this season, Head Coach Rob Lanier announced on Monday. The Georgetown transfer has missed the first 10 games with a stress reaction in his left foot.

"Denver is an important part of our future," said Lanier. "We discussed the option and recognized, collectively, that the decision was about Denver's overall experience at SMU. Coming off of an injury, the discussions led to a choice between spending three years or four years here at SMU. Although we do miss him right now, having a person and player of Denver's caliber committed to a four-year experience with us is a win."

Anglin played all three games on the Mustangs' trip to Spain in August, helping SMU finish 3-0 on its exhibition tour. He averaged 6.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and an assist per outing as the Mustangs won 88-77 in Madrid, 125-66 in Valencia and 92-60 in Barcelona.

"I loved my time with these guys in Spain, and I am looking forward to getting back on the floor for practice and games," said Anglin. "This is a great opportunity to focus on getting completely healthy, to keep improving and to get ready to contribute next season. I appreciate Coach Lanier and my teammates' support."

Anglin was ranked as high as No. 87 overall by ESPN in the class of 2022. He totaled 1,227 points, 295 assists and 137 steals during his prep career at Gill St. Bernard's. The Montclair, New Jersey native then played his freshman season at Georgetown before transferring to SMU.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball