PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Southern Miss to hire Eustachy

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Southern Miss to hire Eustachy

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:09 pm

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:29 pm

I really expected UTEP to go after him to solidify their reputation as the place for 2nd chances
Charleston Pony

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:15 am

Just imagine in a couple of years, we'll have Penders and Eustachy to heckle and harrass. Oh the beauty of it all. :twisted:
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Swamp Gas » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:36 am

I agree, it should be entertaining. But he's a damn good coach, and we'll need to beat Southern Miss before he can be picked on too much (wait .... no, that can be done regardless of the score.) Never mind - have at it!

Speaking of which, it should be entertaining to see the reaction when Mike Price and UTEP arrive at Ford Stadium in 2005 - although if he has any success, it will be harder to heckle him.
Swamp Gas
Junior Varsity

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:37 am

I really think we missed out here. He didn't do anything on par with Mike Price. He's proved to be a very solid head coach. Maybe we should give 2nd chances to those that deserve them, instead of first chances to those that don't.
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby EastStang » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:00 pm

As I hear it there are quite a few hotties at So. Miss. I'm surprised he took the job. You think he can find fat ugly chicks to party with?
EastStang

Postby Mike Damone » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:20 pm

There have to be some fat chicks in Hattisburg. He should just go ahead and have his picture taken with some of them this week to defuse the situation. He can be like, "Hey, I have the occasional beer and fat chicks like having their picture taken with me. Next question."
Mike Damone
All-American

Eustacy

Postby tmustangp » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:36 pm

come on now if you were a head bball coach at a state school you would have a tough time staying away especially when ur the campus badass(unless he is married which i think he is) oh well...
yes i cannot wait for the conf usa now, in a few years i can see nothing but great things w/ football and bball... TCU is missing out bigtime
tmustangp
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Not only is TCU going to miss out, but Conference USA will help with recruiting. Recruits at any school will be recruited from and play in:

- Dallas
- Houston (2X)
- New Orleans
- Memphis
- Orlando
- Tulsa
- Birmingham

plus Hattiesburg, Huntington and Greenville. Not bad locations for FB and BB. Road trip!!!!

:twisted:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Basketball