PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU VS Tulane 7PM CST ,ESPN2

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU VS Tulane 7PM CST ,ESPN2

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:32 pm

Zhuric Phelps moves to 10th on SMU career steals list
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hop Sing » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:17 pm

Nice win tonight. Broke the losing streak and protected home court. On to another tough game Sunday and hopefully a win.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:09 am

Really good to get a W when the team doesn't shoot well. Phelps and Harris combined went 9-30 FGs and only 2-12 from three. What impressed me is the team's FT shooting in that 2nd half, especially late as they are trying to protect the lead. Phelps hitting 4-4 FTs is such a HUGE improvement from how he finished last year. I hope he comes back for another season and continues to improve as a shooter. That's the missing ingredient that will affect his potential as a professional. Harris & Wright also drained clutch FTs late
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:57 am

After thinking about this game, I think the most important thing that came out of last night's win was that it was the 1st time this team has won a close game this season. After Tulane clawed back from a 14 point deficit at the 6:43 mark, our guys managed to maintain a 2 possession lead coming down the stretch and made crucial FTs to preserve the W. I had to think back about some of the double digit leads we've blown this year and just hope this is another learning experience that helps this team continue to improve. I expect another close game Sunday vs UAB and many more to come
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball