PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU VS OWLS

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU VS OWLS

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:00 pm

Wright just can't hit the wall tonight...now 0-7. Not going to win on the road hitting only 5-20 from three. Guys are doing a good job drawing fouls but not shooting FTs well tonight either
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

Williamson has been invisible tonight. Not a good match up for him against these guys
Charleston Pony

Postby Dukie » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Not ready tonight.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm

Not much to say about this one. FAU was not going to lose at home coming off their loss @ USF and we had no answer for their big man tonight. SMU with only 5 assists tonight on 24 made FGs. What a difference from the basketball we saw this team play against Memphis. Back into a tie with UAB fighting for that 4th place finish now
Charleston Pony

Postby highlander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 pm

Yeah we’re just not as good as FAU. Not sure how they’ve lost 3 conference games.
highlander
Varsity

Postby Hop Sing » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:56 pm

FAU came to play tonight, and unfortunately we made all of our shots against Memphis and saved none for the Owls. Beat USF and we’re still good.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:08 am

Hop Sing wrote:FAU came to play tonight, and unfortunately we made all of our shots against Memphis and saved none for the Owls. Beat USF and we’re still good.

That will be a tall order in Tampa. Could come down to a "must win" in Birmingham for that 4th place finish
Charleston Pony

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:31 am

Was hoping we could pull this one out in the traditional Texas Tech uniform. Wonder if Tech ever wears blue.
Bergermeister

Postby highlander » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:17 pm

After the loss to Memphis I said we could afford to lose 2 more games and still get into the tournament: at UNT and at FAU. Both of those would be "understandable losses". Unfortunately the WSU loss happened, and we are going to pay dearly for that. Now the only way to get to the tournament is to win the AAC tournament. So while we need to win out to get a top-4 seed, that only gets us halfway there.
highlander
Varsity

Postby Hop Sing » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Hard to win road games, but I will be dissapointed if we don't snap back against the Bulls. They have been the beneficiary of a light conference schedule and are beatable.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby highlander » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:16 pm

I think we will learn from this loss, and we will bounce back and win at USF tomorrow.
highlander
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:18 pm

I'm not optimistic about a road win @ USF. I'm hopeful UAB slips up and loses a road game either @ Tulane or @ Memphis but expect it will come down to our final regular season game @ UAB with the winner earning the # 4 seed for the tournament. We hold the tie breaker with Charlotte but they are already a game ahead of us and have a soft schedule from here on out. FAU has a tough schedule to finish but they are already ahead of us and hold the tie breaker so UAB is the team to watch. Of course, if our guys can steal one tomorrow @ USF...
Charleston Pony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 am

highlander wrote:I think we will learn from this loss, and we will bounce back and win at USF tomorrow.
:roll:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby highlander » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:11 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
highlander wrote:I think we will learn from this loss, and we will bounce back and win at USF tomorrow.
:roll:

yeah that one didn't age well, did it? I didn't plan on such atrocious FG and FT shooting.
highlander
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:35 am

Not many are giving USF the respect they deserve. Coach Abdul-Rahim brought 3 of his best players with him from Kennesaw State and those guys had championship DNA that has rubbed off on their entire roster and as the season has progressed those guys really play well together. If they don't get into the NCAA tournament they will be a force in the NIT
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball