PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GAME THREAD - MBB vs USF

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: GAME THREAD - MBB vs USF

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:34 pm

HorsePower wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:about to become a blowout. Our team is just not good enough to beat good teams on the road. Hopefully they can defend Moody and it will come down to having to win @ UAB to finish 4th but I'm not sure we have the fire power to accomplish that. 5th place 12-6 finish in AAC play and NIT bid will still be a big improvement in year two but this team is really going to need help in the portal to replace Tyreek Smith and Williamson and compete in the ACC

Doesn't Tyreek have the option for another year?
Got to think there will be more moving on after this year.

Tyreek is a 5th year guy but I think he was granted a medical RS in his 1st year so maybe we can bring him back for another year? He will be desperately needed next year but I'm not expecting the incoming FR to be a good replacement for Williamson. I wonder if Foster will move on and maybe Lanier can find an impact big to replace him?

With 2 incoming FR and Anglin joining these guys next season, somebody besides Williamson will be moving on and it appears everyone else on the roster still has another year of eligibility so there must be a plan...or does Lanier not count against our scholarship limits as an employee's child?
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby shadowman » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:48 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:SMU with a 27-4 advantage on offensive rebounds. As poorly as we shot today, USF wins this game by 30 points without that effort on the boards

Another way to look at it, is you have to miss 27 shots to get 27 offensive boards :wink:

We are a much better shooting team than that, was just one of those days. The effort and hustle was definitely there, just couldn't put it in the hole to save our life. Just need to defend Moody next week against some bottom dwellers and then set up the road game at UAB for the 4th bye.

UAB is definitely no FAU or USF, they are very beatable. Hell, Rice just went there and won by 25 points and had a lead of 30 points in the second half. I think UAB loses 2 games before we play them on last day of the season, so I still like our chances at the 4th seed.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby geezerdonk » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:57 pm

12 assists total in the last two games 12.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball