PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2024-25 ACC Home/Road Basketball Opponents Announced

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

2024-25 ACC Home/Road Basketball Opponents Announced

Postby PonyPride » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:07 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

2024-25 ACC Home And Road Basketball Opponents Announced

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (ACC/SMU). – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the home and road opponents for the 2024-25 men's basketball season as well as the women's basketball home and road opponents for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 seasons on Thursday.

SMU Men's Basketball's inaugural 20-game ACC schedule includes home and away games with Cal, Stanford and Virginia. SMU will also host Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and Wake Forest at Moody Coliseum. The Mustangs' road-only opponents are Boston College, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, N.C. State, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech. The 2025 ACC Men's Basketball Tournament will take place at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte.

SMU Women's Basketball's inaugural 18-game ACC schedule includes a home and away game against Pitt while Cal, Stanford, Clemson, N.C. State, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia and Louisville will visit Moody Coliseum. The away-only opponents are Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Syracuse and Boston College. The 2025 ACC Women's Basketball Tournament will take place at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina. The home and away contests flip for the 2025-26 season.

The dates and TV information will be announced at a later date.

Fans wanting to purchase tickets for the 2024-25 SMU Men's Basketball and/or SMU Women's Basketball season can place a deposit HERE. Current season ticket holders have until August 31 to renew their tickets for the 2024-25 season and can do so by logging into their SMU ticket account starting the first week of June.

For any ticket questions, please contact 214-SMU-GAME or email tickets@smu.edu.

SMU Men's Basketball ACC opponents for 2024-25
Home and Away: Cal, Stanford, Virgina
Home Only: Pitt, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Duke, Louisville, Syracuse
Away Only: Florida State, Miami, NC State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Boston College

SMU's Women's Basketball ACC opponents for 2024-25
Home and Away: Pitt
Home Only: Cal, Stanford, Clemson, NC State, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Louisville
Away Only: Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College

SMU's Women's Basketball ACC opponents for 2025-26
Home and Away: Pitt
Home Only: Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College
Away Only: Cal, Stanford, Clemson, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Louisville
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: 2024-25 ACC Home/Road Basketball Opponents Announced

Postby Big Hoss » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:03 pm

I cannot wait. Definitely need to go to the away game at UNC.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:17 am

what a schedule ,Duke playing at SMU
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:21 am

indianmustang wrote:what a schedule ,Duke playing at SMU

Last time Duke played in Moody was in the late 70's before Coach K took over and that Duke team featured Eugene Banks, Mike Gminski & Jim Spanarkel, who played for the Mavericks at one point in his professional career.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:33 am

Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville & Duke have all played in Moody before although only Louisville has visited the "new" Moody. This will be the 1st time we've ever played Syracuse. I'd like to think all of the ACC games in Moody will draw 6k or more and Duke should easily sellout
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:22 pm

I have seen UNC in person twice. Once against SMU in Greensboro and once against William and Mary in Williamsburg. UNC lost both games. Definitely going to Chapel Hill. And of course UVA, VT are in my stomping grounds.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Dukie » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:42 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
indianmustang wrote:what a schedule ,Duke playing at SMU

Last time Duke played in Moody was in the late 70's before Coach K took over and that Duke team featured Eugene Banks, Mike Gminski & Jim Spanarkel, who played for the Mavericks at one point in his professional career.

I had to look it up; 1977-78 in Moody, 1978-79 in Cameron. Duke won both, and were national runner-up in the tourney, losing the final to Kentucky.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm

Dukie wrote:I had to look it up; 1977-78 in Moody, 1978-79 in Cameron. Duke won both, and were national runner-up in the tourney, losing the final to Kentucky.

I lived in Durham from 1987-1991 and attended a sub-regional in Chapel Hill during the Dave Bliss era. We beat David Rivers' Notre Dame team in the 1st round and lost to Duke in the 2nd round. We beat Duke earlier in the Dave Bliss years in a tournament in Hawaii so we are 1-3 all time vs the Blue Devils
Charleston Pony

Postby Dukie » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:41 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Dukie wrote:I had to look it up; 1977-78 in Moody, 1978-79 in Cameron. Duke won both, and were national runner-up in the tourney, losing the final to Kentucky.

I lived in Durham from 1987-1991 and attended a sub-regional in Chapel Hill during the Dave Bliss era. We beat David Rivers' Notre Dame team in the 1st round and lost to Duke in the 2nd round. We beat Duke earlier in the Dave Bliss years in a tournament in Hawaii so we are 1-3 all time vs the Blue Devils

Yeah that first/second round was at the Dean Dome. Duke was a 2 seed, SMU 7, and ND 10. SMU over ND was on St. Patrick’s Day, lol.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:00 pm

Dukie wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:

Yeah that first/second round was at the Dean Dome. Duke was a 2 seed, SMU 7, and ND 10. SMU over ND was on St. Patrick’s Day, lol.

Highlight of that Notre Dame game was Kato Armstrong blowing by Rivers, down the lane and dunking over Notre Dame's big man who tried to slide over and protect the rim. Brought most of the crowd to it's feet and earned SMU a lot of support the rest of the way in that game
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball