PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Don't like seeing this

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Don't like seeing this

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:36 pm

about UAB's 100-72 win @ Temple last night

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -activity/
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Don't like seeing this

Postby Dukie » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Will be good to be out of this conference. Temple was once a proud program; hard to see a great future given where they are now, even without a betting scandal. UConn looks to have made the better bet by essentially giving up on football but being in the Big East for basketball.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:23 pm

Dukie wrote:Will be good to be out of this conference. Temple was once a proud program; hard to see a great future given where they are now, even without a betting scandal. UConn looks to have made the better bet by essentially giving up on football but being in the Big East for basketball.

No question about UConn's decision to rejoin several of their old Big East basketball partners in the reconstituted Big East. Together with hiring Danny Hurley, it didn't take long for UConn to get back among the elite programs in college hoops.
Charleston Pony

Postby shadowman » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:48 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:about UAB's 100-72 win @ Temple last night

hopefully they will drop another turd on Sunday like they did when they lost to Rice by 26 at home not that long ago.

Need to be huge FAU and ECU fans tomorrow, need one of those two win to make the game meaningful on Sunday. Even if both Charlotte and Memphis win, it would still be beneficial to win and get the 5th seed. If they both win and we lose, we would be the 6th seed and would have to play FAU on Friday (if we make it that far). If we win and get the 5th seed, our Friday matchup would be a rematch with UAB, would much rather play them than FAU. Hopefully, one loses tomorrow then we take care of business and get the double bye!

I will be in Charleston, SC all week next week for a conference and won't be able to go to the tournament until Saturday if we make it that far. I will have to look up Charleston Pony! :wink:

Go Mustangs!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:31 pm

shadowman wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:about UAB's 100-72 win @ Temple last night

hopefully they will drop another turd on Sunday like they did when they lost to Rice by 26 at home not that long ago.

Need to be huge FAU and ECU fans tomorrow, need one of those two win to make the game meaningful on Sunday. Even if both Charlotte and Memphis win, it would still be beneficial to win and get the 5th seed. If they both win and we lose, we would be the 6th seed and would have to play FAU on Friday (if we make it that far). If we win and get the 5th seed, our Friday matchup would be a rematch with UAB, would much rather play them than FAU. Hopefully, one loses tomorrow then we take care of business and get the double bye!

I will be in Charleston, SC all week next week for a conference and won't be able to go to the tournament until Saturday if we make it that far. I will have to look up Charleston Pony! :wink:

Go Mustangs!

Have fun in Charleston. We lived there 22 years (actually in Mt Pleasant just to the north of Charleston) before moving to Charlotte NC area in 2016. I was actually excited when UNCC was invited to the AAC because I figured I would get to watch the Ponies when they came to town...but our move to the ACC promises many more road trip options "locally".
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball