PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Copeland AD Notepad

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Copeland AD Notepad

Postby moodymadness » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:22 pm

http://www.smumustangs.com/index_full.a ... rt=general

Interesting post by Copeland and his search for a basketball coach. He stated that SMU had a great pool of candidates and Tubbs was hired "because he was the most qualified candidate in his abilities to motivate, discipline, recuit, and teach. His ties to the Dallas community, familiarity with SMU and passion for the job make him a perfect fit for our program." I agree...but hiring the right coach is only half the battle...SMU needs to get the basketball program a practice facility, media exposure in the form of televised games locally, etc. if the basketball program is expected to obtain "championships" as Copeland contends.
moodymadness
Recruit

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Maybe Tubbs will help get at least 2-3 games televised locally. It is a shame to see all those games on Big 12 on channel 52 and not 1 SMU games unless it is on FSW.

I like the PR approach to these posts by Copeland. I doubt they get a very big audience though.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU71 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:09 pm

I don’t believe that Copeland is that articulate or that he could construct anything that makes sense, so who does his ghost writing?
SMU71

Postby Eddie P » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:07 pm

Then would I be wrong in guessing that you obviously do not speak with Jim Copeland very often??
Eddie P
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:20 pm

Copeland's so called original first post seemed a little TOO rah-rah, and
PR-ie. I'm about 99.9% sure the first one for 3-5-04 has been edited.

The previous one had more than the usual touch-up by a 'real' writer. More like a student who works in the AD marketing group. :D
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball