PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Letter to DMN Praising Tubbs

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Letter to DMN Praising Tubbs

Postby The Falcon » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:35 am

Don't know how many of you saw this before. If it has been on Ponyfans please forgive any duplication. Someone told me about it, so I did a brief search and located it this morning. This is just one more reason why I believe Coach Tubbs is the right guy.

An added bonus from the scrimmage last Saturday. I ran into Brian Miller and he said his back is now fine and he is looking forward to the new year and the new coach. I add this because I had read on this board that he might be leaving the team, but this appears not to be the case.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Dallas Morning News, The (TX)
April 5, 2004
Column: LETTER
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Edition: SECOND
Section: EDITORIALS
Page: 14A

Tubbs will make all his young men winners

Coach Jimmy Tubbs is back on the Hilltop! It's a promising day for Southern Methodist University basketball, a great day for the Dallas community and an outstanding day for anyone who values academic integrity.

During his years as an assistant coach, Jimmy Tubbs played a crucial role in ensuring that SMU's men's basketball team consistently achieved one of the highest graduation rates in the country. Both a motivator and an enforcer, Mr. Tubbs was committed to seeing that the young men who played for SMU went to class, studied hard and earned real degrees that equipped them for success in the world beyond the court. If our search committee had been composed solely of the mothers of former players, coach Tubbs would have been hired within a day or two!

Jimmy Tubbs' professionalism is surpassed only by his deep concern for the well-being of our student athletes. With coach Tubbs in charge, our players will win on and off the court, and I hope all of Dallas will join the SMU faculty, staff and students in welcoming Jimmy Tubbs back to Dallas and in supporting his team in the years ahead.

Dr. Vicki L. Hill, director,
Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center,
Southern Methodist University, Dallas

Copyright 2004 The Dallas Morning News
The Falcon
All-American

Postby BUS » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:27 am

Amen to that. Go Coach Tubbs.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HorsePower » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:43 pm

And thanks to Dr. Hill for taking the time to write the letter. We need to send more letters to the editors of local papers, and call talk shows to get people talking and thinking more about SMU.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Basketball