PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NEW BASKETBALL COMMIT!!!!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NEW BASKETBALL COMMIT!!!!!

Postby cheesepony » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:48 pm

Well,

It appears JImmy Tubbs has his first committment - a guard from North Garland - anybody have any details on him?

GO PONIES!!!!!!
cheesepony
Recruit

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:00 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but Elbie Gates is a girl. She's actually Rhonda's committment. The article in the DMN left of the S infront of he. Sounds like she might not be a bad catch. With Vandy,K-State and SFA interested, it might be a good one.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:18 pm

SMU did have an in-home visit with 4 star 6-4, 185 SG Terrell Harris from SOUTH Garland a couple of days ago but yeah I bet its the commit to the Woman's team you heard about. I've seen Harris listed among the Top 50 in the nation. He's got a lot of great options but he does list interest and an in-home with SMU so maybe we got a shot. BTW Harris does list an offer from OU so I'm sure Tubbs already is intimately familiar with the entire Harris family. The contact period has just begun so we should be hearing more in the coming weeks but our targets are probably guys like Harris, PG Byron Eaton, F Gary Flowers-who are a 4 stars and mention SMU as having a shot on the Insiders. Another local kid mentioning interest in SMU is Seagoville G Ryan Boyd but I haven't seen too much yet since Tubbs took over other than the in-home with Harris.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby cheesepony » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:30 am

Ahhhh............ so that's what the "s" in front of "he" is for!!!
cheesepony
Recruit

Re:

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:44 am

cheesepony wrote:Ahhhh............ so that's what the "s" in front of "he" is for!!!

In theory, that is supposed to be the case but every now and then one might run intp a case of "the crying game." Fortunately for me, I haven't run into such a situation.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball