PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Demetric Bennett to Transfer

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Demetric Bennett to Transfer

Postby Ponymon » Thu May 06, 2004 9:26 am

The DMN reports that Bennett has decided to transfer possibly to South Alabama. Theis could allow Hill College forward Ike Ofroegbu to come to SMU. Ofoegbu is 6'9" and averaged 12.8 points and 6.3 rebounds last year. He is leaning to SMU, but is considering A$M, TCU, and Indiana State. Reportedly he will make his decision TODAY!

Hate to see Bennett transfer, but given the number of guards we have and the two coming in next year, I guess it was obvious to Bennett that the competition for playing time was going to be fierce. Hope he does well at his next school whereever that might be!
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Thu May 06, 2004 9:38 am

I sure would have liked to see have an opportunity to show more of what he showed in the loss to San Diego when Hopkins was hurt. What he have 7 3 pointers and about 24 points? I bet he ends up being a pretty good player.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ponymon » Thu May 06, 2004 9:41 am

Stallion,

My thoughts EXACTLY :!:
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WildHorse » Thu May 06, 2004 10:45 am

I think his loss can be measured only after we see who replaces him.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby The Wizard » Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm

From what I saw, not a big loss.
The Wizard

Postby Ponymon » Thu May 06, 2004 6:19 pm

OBVIOUSLY you didn't see much! He sat on the bench almost every game!!!
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PG » Thu May 06, 2004 8:14 pm

Demetric won't be missed at all. In fact, I know A LOT of people who are very happy that he is leaving. I talked to a player over the weekend who was glad to see him go. He's the exact opposite of what Tubbs wants from a player. He's unwilling to put in the work it takes to get better. He thinks everything should just be handed to him. He was disrespectful to those around him from Day 1. His act wore very thin on most everyone around him.

He did have some talent but he wasn't going to play here for the reasons mentioned above, and because Roberts would've taken his minutes. It's best for everyone that he moves on. We'll have a better team without him.
PG
Junior Varsity

Postby Prof X » Fri May 07, 2004 9:32 am

None of the players or the coaches are going to miss Bennett. He was strenously encouraged to find a new home.
You are all sheep.
Prof X
Scout Team

Return to Basketball