PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Arkpony....Judicial Opinion please

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Arkpony....Judicial Opinion please

Postby mrydel » Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Judge Arkpony,

How about a Judicial Opinion on the Nolan Richardson trial. I just drove by the Federal Building and thought I could hear his teeth grinding. I do not want your personal opinion, this is a family forum, but truly would be interested in what you think based on what you have heard, and read. It is being decided solely by a judge. I just have trouble seeing any basis for the suit itself based on his history, but I, of course, am not a judge and would like to hear your take.
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mike Damone » Fri May 21, 2004 10:55 am

Not Arkpony or a judge, but the case is completely crazy. I have alot of relatives that live up there. This case has zero merit, and instead of helping to eliminate racism, it is causing it. Such a shame. Nolan Richardson could have been recognized as a hero, but instead chose to be the most hated man in the state.

I think the only thing the prosecution has been able to "prove" is that Broyles, maybe, didn't like Richardson very much. But anyone that knows Broyles, knows that he doesn't get along with any coaches.
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri May 21, 2004 10:58 am

its a pretty hard sell to argue that the guy that hired you-fired you because he was a racist. It doesn't make intuitive sense.
Stallion

Postby Mike Damone » Fri May 21, 2004 2:55 pm

Especially when he was there for 17 years and his replacement is also an african american.
Mike Damone
All-American

My \"Take\" on the Nolan-Frank trial

Postby Arkpony » Fri May 21, 2004 5:55 pm

Juge Bill Wilson will hold for the University and deny Richardson's claim. I know Wilson very well and he is a sound judge. All the witnesses that Richardson has called have done nothing but affirm that Richardson was fired because of his attitude, statements made, and losing record. A plethora of other coaches were also fired by Broyles or left under strained circumstances with the athletic director (winning coaches Holtz and Hadfield among others) and all were white. As Coach Nutt said, Nutt would trade his contract for the one Richardson had in a second! No sound, un-biased individual could have left Richardson on the payroll after his conduct and it is so obvious the premise that his firing was race-related is absurd! Richardson is a racist hiimself who had always had a chip on his shoulder. He is making a fool of himself. He will lose this case. Bank it!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Fri May 21, 2004 7:01 pm

I agree completely Arkpony. To me it is very obvious, but I thought maybe I was missing something and wanted a judiciak review. Now, sue Broyles for being a Butt Head and you might have a chance, but I see no discrimination here.
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Fri May 21, 2004 11:13 pm

Of course, this doesn't mean Broyles shouldn't have stepped down long ago, but that has nothing to do with why Nolan was fired. Broyles is King in the U of A system and ain't nobody gonna dethrone him! The president tried last year and was sent home with his tail between his legs.
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:11 pm

Just wanted to acknowledge that Arkpony was correct in his assessment of Judge Wilson's ruling. Richardson was even told the "I'm going to take my toys and go home" attitude was a very improper way for Nolan to act. Now we get to see the REAL waste of taxpayer money as the appeal is filed.
mrydel

Re:

Postby Otto » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:00 am

Stallion wrote:its a pretty hard sell to argue that the guy that hired you-fired you because he was a racist. It doesn't make intuitive sense.

Well said, Stallion -- unless Coach Richardson somehow changed his ethnic background during his tenure at Arkansas, this case had no merit from the start.

SportsLaw, have you got a two cents you want to throw in?
Otto
Heisman

Return to Basketball