PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Derrick Roberts named to Global Games roster

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ponyboy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:15 pm

I've supported a Nowitski/O'Neal trade. But ouch. I'd hate to see Dirk in Laker yellow. Stupid free agency.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Eddie P » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:18 pm

PF,

I guess nobody wants to see Dirk leave. He's a fine player and he is our franchise player. But honestly...where does he stand amongst the other "franchise" players in the league? He's no Kobe (thank goodness) or Shaq. No Garnett or Duncan. The list goes on...and he doesn't play D. Also, I think health is a concern for Shaq, but hasn't Dirk continually hurt that same ankle every playoff season and at least once during the regular season for the past few years? He's far from the picture of durability.

Sadly, the great experiment of the Mavs has failed...this team will not win a championship with a bunch of jump shooters who don't play defense. And no coach is going to make this bunch of players play defense. There are times when Dirk/Nash/Finley can't miss and those are the nights we look awesome. Then Dirk/Nash/Finley go and score 12 points combined in one half when their shots aren't falling.
Eddie P
Heisman

Postby PG » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:50 pm

Just a reminder that the Games start tomorrow (Sunday) at 1:00 and run all day. Should be some exciting basketball at Moody thi week.
PG
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball