PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nevada's Johnson to Stanford

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nevada's Johnson to Stanford

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon May 24, 2004 12:38 pm

ESPN is reporting that Stanford will name Nevada's Trent Johnson as their next head coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1807933
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Otto » Mon May 24, 2004 1:47 pm

Talk about hitting the lottery. Until Kirk Snyder matured this year, I always thought Nevada was a very average team, and on visits to SMU, Johnson sometimes looked downright confused - and it's not like we were running the most sophisticated schemes. Snyder gets hot, carries them on a nice NCAA run, and suddenly Johnson is qualified to take over a top program like Stanford? I want that guy to buy my Lotto ticket for me.
Otto
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Mon May 24, 2004 4:25 pm

Actually, we did have a complicated zone. That may have been one of our problems too since it is hard to run and disquise like Dement wants. Montgomery probably just wanted a big payday before he retires. If he takes another job after this one, I'll be surprised.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon May 24, 2004 5:49 pm

sure would love to see Jimmy Tubbs enjoy a trip to the sweet 16 and the attention (and job opportunities) that would bring his way.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Mon May 24, 2004 7:59 pm

No kidding. I can't wait until we're all worrying over how we're going to raise the cash to keep Coach Tubbs after a trip to the NCAAs. Nice problem to have, since it means we're been racking up some serious win totals.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Return to Basketball