PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Encouraging News

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Encouraging News

Postby 50's PONY » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:21 pm

Spoke with someone who has seen our players working out and he was extremely impressed with what Chuck Faucette has done with them since the season was over. Coach Tubbs likes the weight room and it will pay dividends. Also, this person had the opportunity to see and watch Paulius Ritter and was again, very impressed. Ritter is checking in at 6'6" and 250 lbs and could be a suprise, and a big, big help under the basket.
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:51 pm

we'll see-anybody who is mediocre when playing St. Mark's School For Boys has a long way to go.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 50's PONY » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:31 pm

Well then maybe he has started down that long road!
50's PONY
Heisman

Re:

Postby giacfsp » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:07 pm

Stallion wrote:we'll see-anybody who is mediocre when playing St. Mark's School For Boys has a long way to go.

Ever the optimist, eh Dr. Feelgood?

I don't know any more about this kid than anyone else on this board. And don't tell me you went to the SPC Tournament to scout this kid. Was he hurt? Did St. Mark's double- and triple-team him all day because he was the only player with any talent? Was he sick? Who knows. But I'd be willing to bet he wasn't recruited because of a sizzling six-point average. I'd be willing to bet that game was the exception to the rule. It was Shumate who recruited non-players, not Dement. I'm not saying this guy will be as good as the other recruits coming in, but I'm not saying he won't. Shouldn't we see him play before he gets ripped on a board called PonyFANS? If nothing else, the Pistons are showing that you can't have too many big bodies. Let's see if he can play. Maybe he'll be awful. But what if he's not? Will you take back your negative comments if he's not? I doubt it. Lighten up.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:59 pm

I like what I've read from his H.S. coach...referring to this guy's athleticism and ability to get off the floor. Don't know about his skills, but sounds like the toughness might be there. How long have we needed a guy who lives to grab boards?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby Corso » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I.... How long have we needed a guy who lives to grab boards?

Ages! Upshaw? Koncak?
Corso
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball