PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Eaton or Roberts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Eaton or Roberts

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:13 am

Ok, here's a hypothetical question to this group. We've heard some great things about Roberts. And the impression I'm getting is perhaps Eaton ain't all he's been billed. Which player would you choose if you could have only one? Why?
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lefty » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:09 am

With all due respect to Eaton, who I'm sure is a very talented player, give me Derrick Roberts. I've seen him play a lot of games this year, and he's amazing. He never looks like he's running that hard, but defenders can't stay with him. He never looks tired, especially at the end of games, when he still gets to (and above) the rim. And he's got the long arms and quick feet that make him a tough defender. He reminds me a little of Kerry Kittles. (Not as good, but the same sort of physique and and non-stop energy.) Needs a better jump shot, but that will come with time. From the start, he'll give SMU athleticism, speed, defense and hustle, and he'll bring PonyFans out of their seats with his dunks. Hell of a player.
Lefty
All-American

Return to Basketball