PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Tubbs effect?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Tubbs effect?

Postby Johnny Rock » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:59 pm

With many of the top area and state recruits commiting elsewhere, it does not appear Tubbs is having an impact on local recuits like we thought. With sub-par facilities and a lack of a Division 1-A commitment from the administration, Tubbs is realizing what many before him figured out the hard way......it is easier to recruit a player to hell than to SMU.
Johnny Rock

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:16 pm

sounds like you are in panic mode JR. I doubt anybody figured we would be reeling in top 20 recruiting classes 4 months ahead of signing date. Tubbs will land a blue chip or two sooner or later, but its way too early to panic. Overall, he will bring in tougher and better classes to SMU than we saw in the past. Occasionally, he will get a blue chip. Thats realistic. I'm one of Tubbs biggest proponents, but I never thought you could bank on immediate commitments. But have no doubt that Tubbs presence is giving us a chance with top players that SMU would not have otherwise had. That is real, and sooner or later it will pay off.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:15 pm

Hey froggie - beat it.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Otto » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:58 am

Coach Tubbs has made serious inroads with some seriously gifted players. Whether we get someone of that ilk this year or next .... remains to be seen. But he's going to recruit the most talented group of kids ever to come through SMU. Bank on it.
Besides, the first recruiting period just started this week (Thursday, I think).
Otto
Heisman

Return to Basketball