PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men lose 2-1 to Cal Northridge

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Men lose 2-1 to Cal Northridge

Postby jkflamebo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 am

Dement-ed wrote:That's what I thought, too, but Northridge had a very solid team, and I learned from some of their parents that those guys compete well with the likes of Cal, UCLA and Stanford. They don't always beat them, and maybe don't even win more than they lose, but they're used to facing top-flight competition and faring pretty well. I was impressed with their team, and losing by a single goal when we didn't play nearly as well as we did Friday is less of an embarrassment than I would have imagined going into the weekend.

Saw our team with my own eyes trounce UCLA 3-0 on the road in the NCAA Tourney in 2005. We also beat Cal in 2004 and 2006. With McClements at the helm, we'd lose handily to both these teams. I think RedPony speaks the truth in regards to the current state of the soccer program.
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Re: Men lose 2-1 to Cal Northridge

Postby gk00dad » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 pm

BleedingRed+Blue wrote:Come on, gk00dad, bringing actual facts into this rant could get you yelled at.

I'm wondering how healthy Leone Cruz is — didn't play Friday, and came off the bench Sunday. Having Cruz at full health would really help shore things up in the back.

Leone is getting better, but we just lost Adam Still for a while. The defense needs to get some solid time together so everyone ison the same page. The biggest problem, as I've stated already is that there is no defined starting lineup. That needs to get settled and then there willl be an improvement in play. Can't wait til five minutes before gametime to decide who is starting and where guys are playing.
gk00dad
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Other Sports