PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CUSA Swim Championships

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CUSA Swim Championships

Postby soccermom » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 am

Water Pony wrote:SMU Men's Swimming & Diving video re-cap of this weekend @ U. of Houston, brought to you by one of our swimmers; Pablo. SMU Mustangs, CUSA Champions. Fun to watch with great music.

Pony UP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0liD35oIFgA

This was cool to watch---thanks! LOVED seeing the team wearing diamond SMU lettering......congratulations.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Scoops » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 am

Right or wrong, a lot of high school athletes are influenced by facilities. We've heard it with the basketball players and the Crum Center, and certainly in football when Ford Stadium was built. We have incredible swimming and diving coaches, but they're completely handcuffed in recruiting by the antiquated Perkins Natatorium.
Scoops
All-American

Postby smustatesman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Water Pony wrote:SMU Men's Swimming & Diving video re-cap of this weekend @ U. of Houston, brought to you by one of our swimmers; Pablo. SMU Mustangs, CUSA Champions. Fun to watch with great music.

Pony UP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0liD35oIFgA

Another FYI - The cheer you hear at the beginning of the video was brought to SMU by John Thorburn, class of '74; from his homeland,The Republic of South Africa, in the winter of 1971. Coach Mac, Freshman Team (Colts) coach at the time, was looking for a team rallying cheer before meets, to which John suggested the cheer heard,and which was quickly implemented. The other Suid-Afrikaner, who was on the varsity team at the time was Richard Bonney.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Previous

Return to Other Sports