PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dallas Burn 3, SMU 1

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dallas Burn 3, SMU 1

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:56 am

The men's team lost to the Burn tonight, but I was impressed! That's a pro team we're talkin' about there.

Good to see Ramon Nuñez play again - what I wouldn't give to see him suit up for the Ponies for three more years.

I didn't see Ugo Ihemelu play - anyone know why?

Two of the freshmen - Isreal Jones and Adrian Cha-somebody - looked really good, adding size and speed to the defense. They also crashed the net on corners and other set pieces, so lo and behold, we now have some targets for high (header) passes! But put those two back there with Ugo and Ross Spencer and you have four very strong, bruiser-type players. Getting near T.J. Tomasso will be risky this year.

Kellen Luker has a Mohawk. I feel old.

I thought Adam Robertson played very well. He looked much more determined than he did last year. Maybe he took his offseason workouts more seriously?

David Chun is the next in the long line of terrific SMU midfielders. Diego Walsh, Johnny Reynolds, Giampaulo Pedroso, Mark Francis .... and David Chun. He might never be an All-America, because he's not flashy and might not put up gaudy scoring numbers, but the guy can flat-out play. He doesn't draw a lot of attention, but he's so sound and so smart. He makes the smart play without silly mistakes. He's going to be fun to watch this year.

Go PONIES!
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby SWC2010 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:14 pm

Well done, team. Good start!
SWC2010
Heisman

Re: Dallas Burn 3, SMU 1

Postby PonyTales » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:40 am

Pony4Life wrote: .... Kellen Luker has a Mohawk. I feel old....

I trust you mean Kellen Zindel?
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: Dallas Burn 3, SMU 1

Postby The XtC » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:24 pm

[quote="PonyTales"][quote="Pony4Life"] .... Kellen Luker has a Mohawk. I feel old.... [/quote]
I trust you mean Kellen Zindel?[/quote]

No, I think he really does mean Luker, I hear his band is going punk rock. You know, leather, piercings, mohawk, stop taking showers, the whole 9 yards. They're still trying to find their niche, and thought they might try a new sound.
The XtC
Heisman

Return to Other Sports