PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Southwest Missouri State Prediction

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Southwest Missouri State Prediction

Postby stang_fan » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:56 pm

Until we lose I'm going to continue to make predictions. I understand it is a tough thing to predict a 6-0 blowout in soccer. I did not see us scoring under 4 though. If I had known it was going to be that nasty friday I would not have predicted the shutout. SWMS is a much better team than Evansville. They beat EU 5-1. On the roll that the Stangs are on though I don't think anyone would predict against them at home. I'm going to predict a 4-0 romping. I think the ponies show a lot of character in not taking opponents too lightly. It will be a little harder on Sunday, but this team is really on a roll. This is not out of the question. Look at our last 3 game scores: 4-0, 4-0, 6-0. Mustangs, please, feel free to score more goals than four. Do not feel limited. I'm not a wizard. JUST KEEP WINNING!!!

WHIP THE BEARS!
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyFan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:27 am

Talent-wise, you were just about dead-on. SMS is an OK team, but not on SMU's level. However, the Ponies played terribly (for them) today. One of those cases of playing "down" to the opponents' level. Granted, a bad day by the Ponies is better than a good day for most teams. But they looked sloppy, lazy and disorganized. Colin Clarke scored a nice goal, and Adrian Shivannes (sp?) pasically tapped in an alley-oop, although he was the one who set up the play, so it was nice to see him get the ball back for what proved to be the game-winner. SMS was all but beating up scoring star Alex Smith, and they had him bottled up pretty well. Ryan Latham didn't do much up front to make up for the attention being paid to Smith. Kellen Zindel, who's been brilliant this season, had maybe his poorest game at SMU with a bunch of turnovers. David Chun was pretty invisible, too. Thank god the defense is so good. SMS's goal was not a great goal, but it made the game closer than it should have been. Not a bad win (is there such a thing?), but clearly not as lopsided on the score as it could (should) have been.
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:49 am

Good to see a little talk about the best team at SMU!

My thoughts:

- Ugo is a freakin' stud. I can't imagine there's a better defender out there.

- I disagree about David Chun being "invisible." He's never the flashiest player out there, but he's excellent with possession and distribution. He's a "glue" kind of guy - you don't see him, but things fall apart without him.

- Glad to see Jake Jackson playing well. He's had some injuries in his first three seasons, but when he's healthy, he's a hell of a player.

- Gonzalez is amazing to watch. He always looks like he's nearly asleep, but then he makes the other team's forwards look silly trying to get him. I sometimes wonder if he's even trying, or playing hard .... and then he steals the ball 12 times a game.

- How come Dario Saintus doesn't start, or at least play more?
ClassOf81
Heisman

Return to Other Sports