PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's soccer to face Texas Wednesday night

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's soccer to face Texas Wednesday night

Postby Webmaster » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:22 pm

From the SMU athletic department:

Come cheer on the Mustangs Wednesday, Oct. 27 when the SMU women's soccer team takes on the University of Texas at Westcott Field. Come out and pack the Hilltop as the Ponies look to move to 12-3-2 on the year.

Texas is coming off a 1-0 double overtime win over No. 6 Kansas, so the Mustangs need your support Wednesday night at Westcott Field.

For more information on the Pony-Longhorn match-up click here(http://smumustangs.com/gameday.asp?id=18&sport=soccerw). You can purchase tickets online at smumustangs.com(http://ev1.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=smu/se) or by calling 214-SMU-GAME.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby abezontar » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:30 am

Did anyone see the article in the DMN about the attendence figures for aTm's women's soccer program? Crazy.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:50 pm

I saw that - amazing. And depressing. The Aggies (perhaps to their credit) will turn out for ANY event with A&M competing. They could pack the American Airlines Center or Texas Stadium for a staring contest if there were Aggies involved. That team isn't in the same league with the North Carolina's, Santa Clara's, etc., of the soccer world, yet they think College Station is now some sort of soccer Mecca -- puh-leeze! They recruit amazingly fast, athletic players and then hope their raw ability carries them through. Doesn't work that way. That guy couldn't coach Mia Hamm to a scoring title. He's a joke.

Yes, A&M is the #1 team I love to hate in women's soccer.

Let's beat UT tonight - Go Mustangs!
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby stang_fan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:17 pm

I'm sorry, but your hatred of them should not take credit away from them. They are by far the best women's team in the state of Texas and play in a very competitive conference. They are year in and year out ranked in the top 25. If they aren't in the same league with UNC and Santa Clara then no one is. And I think that might be the case.
We must shake the \"snob\" reputation. Bring Dallas back to SMU.
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports