PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Creighton ranked higher in 2 out of 5 poles

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Creighton ranked higher in 2 out of 5 poles

Postby stang_fan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:20 pm

I know rankings are bogus anyways, but does anyone understand how Creighton could possibly be ranked higher than us in 2 out of 5 polls? We beat them on their home field. Talk about regional bias.
We must shake the \"snob\" reputation. Bring Dallas back to SMU.
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:25 am

They have a better w/l record. I'm sure Stanford and South Florida are wondering why we are ranked higher than them, too.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:22 pm

Fear not - the only poll that matters is the NSCAA/adidas poll, because that's the poll in which coaches vote, and they know the teams. The other polls are done by media wonks who rarely get to see more than a few top teams each year. The Morning News or the New York Times or Field and Stream could establish its own poll, and it wouldn't mean much. We're better than Creighton, and the real ranking reflects that.

With that said, I'm surprised we're ranked where we are with three losses. I think that ranking reflects the respect coaches around the country have for Schellas Hyndman as one of the best -- if not THE BEST -- coach in the country.
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Other Sports