PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

7th Seed in NCAA for Men's Soccer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

7th Seed in NCAA for Men's Soccer

Postby EastStang » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:40 am

Congratulations. Looking at the brackets, I do feel that we got jobbed a little bit in the seedings. We were ranked in the top 5 in most polls. I know the ACC put 5 teams into the tournament, but got 1,3,4 seeds. The Big East got four teams and the 5 seed. The Big 10 got four teams and the 2 seed. The PAC 10 got three teams and the 6 seed UCLA. The MVC got three teams in (Bradley was hosed, too in being left out), and we got the 7 seed. Perhaps they figured at 3 or 7 we'd have to play Indiana (2 seed) sooner or later, and they wanted to make sure that the ACC had all their teams in the other end of the bracket to avoid an All ACC final on the west coast. We at least get two home games (if we win the first game). It would have been nice to have gotten three.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:36 am

Of course we got "jobbed." We were #3 at the end of the season in the NSCAA poll (the only one that matters), and we then won a very tough conference tournament. I don't know that there's an East Coast bias for soccer, because a lot of west coast teams and midwest teams like St. Louis and Indiana always get the credit they deserve (why Creighton gets lumped in with those perennial powers is beyond me, but that's for another discussion), but there must be some out there who think that because we have the lone men's soccer team in Texas, there's no good soccer here. This seeding is extremely unjust.

Oh well - we play the hand we're dealt. Go out and prove it on the field, guys!

Good luck in the NCAAs!
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Other Sports