PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

No Cal tomorrow at Wescott Field

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

No Cal tomorrow at Wescott Field

Postby EastStang » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:25 pm

Let's just beat Cal like an old shoe tomorrow night in the NCAA round 2. We have no choice, but to win the whole #$%&ing enchillada.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Cheesesteak » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:41 pm

Hopefully the Cal game will be another SMU victory on the road to a potential NCAA championship.

During the NCAA tournament, SMU men's soccer deserves increased support from posters on this board.

Go Mustangs.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby PonyFan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:50 am

Darn right - I've been to every home game this year, and this is a pretty remarkable team. No real stars, but as deep and talented as any team I can remember.

Interesting subplot: Cal is coached by Kevin Grimes, who was an All-America defender at SMU and an assistant coach under Coach Hyndman. (By the way, read the DMN story someone just linked up on the home page - I think a ton of folks don't realize what we're sitting on there - he's truly a great coach. He's like a Bobby Bowden, but without the redneck accent. Just a terrific coach, year in and year out.
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:48 pm

Come on Ponies!! Ill be cheering for you through he internet once again listening to the game!

GO MUSTANGS!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby Col. Nathan R. Jessep » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:56 pm

PonyFan wrote:..........
Interesting subplot: Cal is coached by Kevin Grimes, who was an All-America defender at SMU and an assistant coach under Coach Hyndman. (By the way, read the DMN story someone just linked up on the home page - I think a ton of folks don't realize what we're sitting on there - he's truly a great coach. He's like a Bobby Bowden.

---

Of all the coaches-- what a strange comparison, PonyFan.

FSU's Coach Bobby Bowden wouldn't know a 'kicker' if he walked up & kicked him in the [deleted]!!!!!

Varsity

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:59 am

Ha! Good point.
Let it be said, once and for all, Schellas Hyndman is the best soccer coach in America - bar none!
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Other Sports