PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RAIN OUT???

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

RAIN OUT???

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:06 pm

Having never been to a collegiate soccer game, do they get rained out? The weather continues to threaten in the D-FW area. I am planning on being at the game today! :shock:
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:42 pm

Just spoke to the AD's office. Officials will walk the field at 2 p.m. and again at 5 p.m. to determine if it's safe to play the game tonight. If it's not, a make-up date will be scheduled.

One helluva storm just passed thru north Dallas but the sun is trying to break out. Let's hope the game gets played!

GO MUSTANGS!
MrMustang1965

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:39 am

FYI (as you no doubt learned, if you went to the game tonight): they'll play in a downpour, calling a game only if there's lightning really close to the field, or a tornado or some other equally disastrous storm. Tonight's game was played mostly in the rain, and was called (for all of two minutes or so) when the rain was so hard that the ref actually couldn't see all the players.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:43 am

Yes, I was at the game but not for the entire length of it. I was with my two future stepdaughters who are big soccer fans. We held off against the rain (after getting in to the stadium about halfway thru the first half) and thru the first 10 minutes of the second half. But they were a little intimidated by the lightning strikes near Central Expwy. and they elected to leave. We *did* get to see the only score of the game, though! :D

Great game for the Mustangs! Wish we could have seen all of it. Maybe they'll be able to see the SMU v. Tulsa game on Saturday night.
MrMustang1965

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:53 am

Aw, MM65 - you should have stayed!

You know how hockey fans enjoy intense play AND the fights? Tonight it was amazingly intense and also funny watching the guys slop around in the mud.

The guys fought like hell and skated around Westcott Field for a killer 90 minutes. Way to go, Ponies - BEAT TULSA! AGAIN!!!!!!!
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:21 pm

Oh, we saw the slippin' and sloppin' around! One, in particular, between the SMU player and a Cal defender in the south 'end zone' (?) where the Cal goalie was. It was like a two-foot deep pond over there!

We would have stayed but my fiance had given SPECIFIC instructions that if lightning started hitting close to the stadium we were to leave immediately! Well...you know how two impressionable 11-year old girls can be! I'd have stayed but... :roll:
MrMustang1965

Postby Higher Authority » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:22 am

So will we see you there Saturday?
I'm bringing the family, including three out-of-towners!

Go MUSTANGS!
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:42 am

'fraid not. I'll be pulling for the Mustangs but I'll be out-of-town in Huntsville, TX pulling for my Sam Houston State Bearkats in the first round of the NCAA Div. 1-AA playoffs against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers.

Best of luck to the Mustangs! Keep on with the winning streak!!!!!! :)
MrMustang1965

Return to Other Sports