PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Heads up, Women Swimmers face a tough GA squad

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Heads up, Women Swimmers face a tough GA squad

Postby Water Pony » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:50 pm

January 8th, the Women Mustang swimmers and divers host a very talented Georgia team. Should be the dual team of the year.

Go Water Ponies!!
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Otto » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:30 pm

JAWga is always a stout team, in part because they train in a facility that looks like it was built by NASA. I wish the SMU money folks could see that thing, and then listen to Coach Sinnott and Coach Collins about the benefits (recruiting, attracting top opponents) to building a similar facility at SMU. I know the athletic department doesn't have an enormous budget, but the school has money (what's the endowment, $500 mil?) -- it's just a matter of where it's spent.

Go get 'em, Ponies - drown the 'Dawgs!
Otto
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:36 am

Couldn't agree more. Our natatorium, while deep in tradition, is not a competitve facility. Plus, when we added women's swimming and the demands of a very strong diving team, it is not practical to rely on Perkins Natatorium

I was sorry about the loss of the Men's Track team, but we need to make a major commitment to our remaining non-revenue sports. Our teams, especially the Women, do well despite the current facilities, but this won't last.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Cheesesteak » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:46 pm

Today on the Hilltop - #6 SMU vs. #1 Georgia.

Good luck to the SMU women's swimming and diving team!

If I lived in or near Dallas I'd be at Perkins Natatorium today cheering for the talented SMU swimmers.

It should be an exciting meet.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:17 am

Strong Performance against No. 1 as Georgia Tops No. 6 SMU in Women's Swimming & Diving

(1/8/2005) - DALLAS (SMU) - The No. 6 SMU women’s swimming & diving team was defeated by No. 1 Georgia on Saturday, 162.50 – 129.50. The Mustangs finished the meet strong, winning the 400 free relay in 3:22.78 to close the Bulldog gap. Two-time NCAA Champion Flavia Rigamonti had two first place finishes on the day, winning the 1000 free (9:49.80) and the 500 free (4:48.51). Rigamonti won the second event of the afternoon, the 1000 free, by nearly 10 seconds. The 500 free had the closest finish of the day, as Rigamonti won by .31 seconds.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports