PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lacrosse

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lacrosse

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:13 pm

Hey, anyone have info on the club team this year? I saw that they lost a close one to Texas Tech last week (1st game I think).
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:02 pm

Boston Pony:

Yes, the LAX team lost their opener against Texas Tech, 13-12, in Lubbock. Next games are in Stillwater, OK, against Okla. State and Kansas the 11 and 12 of February.

I am afraid the boys are doing a terrible job of updating their web-site, SMU Lacrosse. It will help when they get on the ball.

According to USLIA, here is their opponents:

- @ Texas Tech
- @ Oklaloma State and Kansas
- @ Baylor
- UT Austin - home
- Eastern Michigan - home
- @ Rice
- UT-Dallas - home
- Austin College - home
- @ TCU
- @ U. of No. Texas

I don't think this is official yet because it isn't coming from SMU. For example, A&M isn't listed as usual. Last year, visiting teams from the north (Missouri) were added and there was a trip to Vanderbilt to play VU and Florida. I think I also saw a reference to a Georgia tournament at some point.

Hopefully, they can continue to build on the program as they have for the last several years. Texas and A&M are still the class of the Lone Star Alliance.

8)
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports