PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Help Water Pony

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Help Water Pony

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:00 pm

I was curious if any of our men's swimmers had qualified yet for the NCAA's. I googled NCAA qualifying times swimming and got widely ranging answers as to what the automatic times are and what the provisional times are. According to one set of numbers most of our swimmers automatically qualified including all the relays. According to another set of numbers a handful of swimmers have provisionally scored, and three of the divers have qualified, and none of the relays have either automatically or provisionally qualified. Do you know where the men stand on NCAA qualifying at this point? Will they be shaving for the NIC meet to try and get their times to qualify?
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:08 pm

EastStang:

I haven't talked to Eddie but here is my understanding. Also, the majority of the team will peak for NIC.

Our qualifiers so far are:

Camilio Becerra, 100 Fy, 100 Free, 50 Free
Per Nylin, 100 Breast, 50 Free
Ian Clark, 200 Back, 200 IM
Ferdi Postama, 200 Fly
200 Medley Relay
400 Medley Relay
200 Free Relay

I think we still need to qualify for 400 and 800 Free Relays.

8)
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Water Pony » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:15 pm

Update from Coach Eddie Sinnott:

"The "A" cut automatically qualifies you for NCAA's and the "B" cut gets you on the list to be considered for the meet. If you qualify in any event you can swim in any other event in which you have made a "B" cut.

We are getting ready for NIC's and are anticipating much success. Would like to qualify 8 to 10 guys including divers and all 5 relays. It will take a great meet but is doable if everyone meets their personal goals."

Go MSD, Mu Sigma Delta, or Mustang Swimmers & Divers!

:D
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:57 am

But as to your earlier list of qualifiers were they "B" or "A" qualifiers? That was my confusion, I saw two different "A" qualifying times in different swimming magazines. In one, we had several "A" qualifiers in the other, we had a couple of "B" qualifers and no relays.
EastStang

Postby Water Pony » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:35 pm

It appears we mostly have B qualifying times, including all the relays. To guarantee going to Nationals, we will need strong performances in the NIC Championships in late February.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports