PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men Swimmers & Divers win NIC

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men Swimmers & Divers win NIC

Postby Water Pony » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:52 pm

The Mustangs won National Indepedent Conference in Oakland, MI over the weekend.

Congratulations! Conference affililatons for next year might be up in the air, since CUSA doesn't sponsor Men's Swimming:

Team Standings

1. SMU 1,005.5

2. Hawaii 740.5

3. Oakland 644

4. South Dakota St. 313
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Cheesesteak » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Water Pony -

You are a loyal Mustang. To really show your enthusiasm for another SMU swimming and diving championship are you willing put on a swim suit and jump into icy cold Lake Michigan?

Sort of a celebratory splash...you could make it an annual tradition.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby PK » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:47 pm

Sounds like an invitation to have a heart attack. :shock: Stay in where it's warm Water Pony!!!
PK

Postby Water Pony » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:04 pm

Cheesesteak and PK: :shock:

Thanks for the kind invitation, since I do live one block from Lake Michigan, 35 miles north of Chicago. The ice has melted, therefore, I have no excuse to playing poplar bear. Perhaps I should head to Arizona to see Spring Training and watch my Cubs?

8)
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Cheesesteak » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Water Pony - PK made a good point about shock from the cold water potentially increasing heart attack risk.

Here is the modified plan. You jump/run into into icy cold Lake Michigan to celebrate another SMU S&D championship and quickly get out. Standing by are family and friends (including EMT's) who act as supporters and lifeguards (if necessary).

After a few years of this unique celebration the local paper runs a human interest story about the devoted SMU fan going into the lake. Subsequently, the Chicago Tribune runs a story about you in its metro section. Later the story is syndicated and appears in every national paper. Before long CNN and the BBC are telling the "(cold) Water Pony" story around the globe.

Interest in SMU and the SMU S&D team peaks. Money pours in from around the world to build a new state-of-the-art aquatics center on the Hilltop.

With your mission accomplished you only take warm showers at home to celebrate after the aquatic Mustangs win future championships.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:01 am

Or you could go the other route. Unless we get a new pool, you're going to jump into Lake Michigan (which could be fatal). A life can be saved, if we just get a new pool.
EastStang

Postby Water Pony » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All this encouragement for me to jump in Lake Michigan in February is heart "warming"! Your concern for me touching, BUT, I agree with all of you that we need that new Natatorium and soon.

In non-revenue sports, we are getting down to "The Vital Few" in men's sports. That means like soccer, we better excel and that means facilities to compete for recruits, to train two nationally ranked teams (Men have slipped unfortunately) and host legitmate, big time events.

Until then, Lake Michigan here I come! Ya waaaaaaooowwwwww!

:P :P :P
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports