PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's Soccer Very tough 2005 Schedule

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's Soccer Very tough 2005 Schedule

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:42 pm

Schellas can never be accused of a soft schedule. In addition to Conference USA, the Ponies are playing Notre Dame and national champion Indiana at Indiana, top 20 team South Florida, Cincinnati, top 20 team Loyola-Marymount , perennial top 10 club Saint Louis, top 20 club Creighton and New Mexico who finish the 2004 regular season as the number one ranked team. The games against South Florida, Cincinnati, Loyola-Marymount and Saint Louis are at home. Should be some outstanding college soccer. The Ponies play one of the toughest schedules in the nation every year and this helps both in recruiting and in post season seedings.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Water Pony » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:45 am

I salute them for raising the level of competition. This has to help with recruiting and accelerates the development of new players. Early losses and/or tough wins can be edcuational, when the skills are present and the team improves throughout the season. This is power soccer!

Good luck
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby PK » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:40 am

Water Pony wrote:I salute them for raising the level of competition. This has to help with recruiting and accelerates the development of new players. Early losses and/or tough wins can be edcuational, when the skills are present and the team improves throughout the season.
Exactly...and that is why we need to keep doing the same thing in football too (which for the most part we are). That is why I am glad to see Texas Tech coming back and the Aggies on our schedule.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports