PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baseball Club

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baseball Club

Postby No Quarter » Tue May 03, 2005 8:47 pm

Last spring I think, there were a few notes about an SMU club baseball organization. Is it in operation this year? Who do they play? Where? Any news?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby scoreboard1910 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:31 pm

The fact that baseball is a club sport at SMU is an embarrassment. To blame it all on title IX is also an insult to our intelligence (such as it is).
scoreboard1910

Postby scoreboard1910 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:32 pm

The fact that baseball is a club sport at SMU is an embarrassment. To blame it all on title IX is also an insult to our intelligence (such as it is).
scoreboard1910

Postby MustangSally » Wed May 04, 2005 10:12 pm

Absolutely right, it's an embarassment.

I'm right there with ya. Now, let's meet tomorrow at 9am in front of the new Mustang statues and we can walk together over to Copeland's office and sort this out. I'll bring the coffee, you bring the check for 10 million.
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby BUS » Wed May 11, 2005 10:21 am

It is a matter of money.
Back in the day, I started a club Wrestling program at SMU.

I went to Student Senate and petitioned for money and got enough for uniforms and entry fees.

We had 7 to 10 guys that were pretty good. It was difficult to get all of them to practice but we did get 4 qualified for State Championship. As a team I think I remember we can in 7th out of all that were there.

We had guys from some military schools that were good and one guy from England that I found playing Rugby. The later was my 121 pound wrestler - Damn he was good but was hard to keep him focused on wrestling instead of the liquid refreshments.

The Bball ( Bliss ) coach tried to get a duel meet scheduled for before a Bball game but it never worked out.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Wed May 11, 2005 7:36 pm

I'd rather see wrestling return than baseball - unless they start taking metal bats on the mat.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Return to Other Sports