PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer America Men's All Freshman Team

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer America Men's All Freshman Team

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:35 pm

The 2007 Men's All Freshman Team contains 4 Dallas area players, none of whom are at SMU. Andre Akpan (Harvard) and Stephen McCarthy(Santa Clara) made the first team while Omar Gonzales (Marlyland) and Jonathan Villanueva (Virginia) are on the second team. While SMU in my opiniion had a great freshman class these were probably the most highly rated recruits from the Dallas area last year. Last year as well as this year we have struck out on the very top area recruits. However, I can understand guys wanting to get away from home and all of them are at top programs.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm

I can't really blame a kid for going to Harvard. Or UVa for that matter. Maryland - other than the fact that they won the National title two years ago and are in a tough conference what do they have to offer? Santa Clara (is that where Sampson is coaching?) Also, they may have seen the competition to play at SMU as too tough, or they were sick of Dallas and wanted to go elsewhere for college. I grew up in Virginia and didn't want to go to UVa or U Md, but SMU. Who knows?
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports