PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer Luncheon Notes

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer Luncheon Notes

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:03 am

I posted this information yesterday but I guess it was wiped out.

I attended the soccer luncheon yesterday. It was primarily parents and coaches but a few soccer supporters were there. I believe the luncheon was only announced on Monday.

Brent Erwin introduced his new coaches and talked generally about the upcoming season. He stated that the team would probably not peak until October-November. He was very excited about being back at SMU.

Schellas talked about how important it was to have a difficult, quality schedule early on to get the team ready for conference and the tournament. This year is no exception with our starting game against St. Louis ranked # 11 this Friday night. He said that probaby around 5 of his new players out of around 10 would see significant playing time. He has a very strong team returning but several of his starters who were injured last season will not be 100% until October.

In a major announcement, Schellas advised that former SMU star player, Kevin Hudson, who was originally from St. Louis, has been named an assistant coach. Kevin graduated in 2004 and played in the 2003 College Cup for the Ponies. He was an academic All-American and was drafted by DC United in the 2004 MLS Super Draft. Welcome back, Kevin!
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Soccer Luncheon Notes

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:18 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:.... I believe the luncheon was only announced on Monday....
Why? Did they not want people to attend? Soccer has been so good for so long they deserve to have a PR guy to get information like this out in the press in advance.

Congratulations to Kevin. I guess we have to call him "Coach Hudson" now? Welcome home!
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Other Sports