PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CREIGHTON

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby peaker » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Just spoke with a father of a Tulsa player. Sounds like the Golden Hurricane got the same style of game from Central Connecticutt.
peaker
Recruit

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 am

Did we watch the same team?

jkflamebo wrote:gotta wonder as well why guys like stephen grant or leone cruz aren't getting time.
Grant was great last year, and from what I heard, showed up out of shape and disinterested. Cruz ripped a knee ligament and went out for the year after surgery.
jkflamebo wrote:i gotta say again our forwards looked terrible tonight. geppert is horrendous, never challenges anyone and slows down the pace every time.
Horrendous? Missed half the season and ended up within one of the team lead in goals? Called (by our coaches) "the most instinctive scorer on the team"? THAT Geppert is horrendous?

saintus has no pace or ball control.
NO PACE? Saintus is the fastest and most fit player on the team, and his speed AND control caused headaches for teams all year. Probably our best forward over the course of the year.

jkflamebo wrote:for this team to stand a chance schellas has to reassess the options at forward. need paulo back healthy next year
da Silva played before he went on the shelf with surgery, but he was tentative and playing at well below 100 percent. Saintus, Geppert and Oliva all contributed more this year. Yes, we need him back, but the others held their own (didn't see last night's game, but overall, Geppert and Saintus and Oliva did pretty well. Saintus, in particular, is going to put up big numbers next year.)
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby jkflamebo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:30 am

Pony4Life wrote:Did we watch the same team?

jkflamebo wrote:gotta wonder as well why guys like stephen grant or leone cruz aren't getting time.
Grant was great last year, and from what I heard, showed up out of shape and disinterested. Cruz ripped a knee ligament and went out for the year after surgery.
jkflamebo wrote:i gotta say again our forwards looked terrible tonight. geppert is horrendous, never challenges anyone and slows down the pace every time.
Horrendous? Missed half the season and ended up within one of the team lead in goals? Called (by our coaches) "the most instinctive scorer on the team"? THAT Geppert is horrendous?

saintus has no pace or ball control.
NO PACE? Saintus is the fastest and most fit player on the team, and his speed AND control caused headaches for teams all year. Probably our best forward over the course of the year.

jkflamebo wrote:for this team to stand a chance schellas has to reassess the options at forward. need paulo back healthy next year
da Silva played before he went on the shelf with surgery, but he was tentative and playing at well below 100 percent. Saintus, Geppert and Oliva all contributed more this year. Yes, we need him back, but the others held their own (didn't see last night's game, but overall, Geppert and Saintus and Oliva did pretty well. Saintus, in particular, is going to put up big numbers next year.)

i could care less about how they performed during the season. geppert doesn't have the footwork or creativity to be a consistent goal threat each game. that "instinctive scorer" saw the majority of the game yesterday on the bench because he was ineffective yet again. i take back the things i said about saintus, although he lost the ball several times against creighton on the wing. his pace did look off. you're only as good as your last game...that's not good for us.
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:06 am

jkflamebo wrote:you're only as good as your last game...that's not good for us.
Sadly, that's absolutely right.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby horseshoe hilltop » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:14 am

wow, so much for SMU losing to the eventual champs...Creighton lost at home to Ill.-Chicago 1-0 Saturday. :?
horseshoe hilltop
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Other Sports