PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WOMEN'S TENNIS COACH ON "THE TICKET" 1310

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WOMEN'S TENNIS COACH ON "THE TICKET" 1310

Postby MUSTANGTENNIS » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Word on the street is that Coach Lauren Longbotham-Meisner, the SMU Women's Tennis Coach will be paying a visit to the guys on "The Hardline" Tuesday from 4:30-6:00pm...

They mentioned her last Friday and read an email she wrote plus her SMU bio...knowing her this should be interesting...

Good Luck Coach Lauren! [/b]
MUSTANGTENNIS

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm

Hope those idiots actually ask at least one question about tennis before they launch into a debate about who's hotter: Sharapova or Kournikova. They don't admit that SMU exists, except to make fun of the university, so watch what you say, Coach.

All that said - good for you getting some airtime.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Peruna88 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 pm

They read her first e-mail last Tuesday evening during Community Quick Hits, then another on Friday. Today, they talked about her for a solid 10 minutes at 3:50. I talked to her after that and she's ready.

Good luck tomorrow, Lauren! Work on that Norm impression tonight!

8)
Peruna88
All-American

Postby MUSTANGTENNIS » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:25 pm

I talk to Lauren today and anyone who knows her knows she can hold her own... She is about the sassiest girl I know and she is just pumped that they are at least talking about SMU and Tennis!

Give em Hell Coach Lauren!
MUSTANGTENNIS

Postby Otto » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 am

"Sassiest"?

Seriously, if you think your coach is going to get a 90-investigative interview into the goings-on of the college tennis game, you're stoned. Most of the folks on that station wouldn't know a tennis racket from a ratchet wrench, and undoubtedly will take every opportunity to make fun of the sport, of women, and anything else they can think of with their useless pea brains.

But give 'em hell, Coach. Anything for some pub for SMU.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby centexstang » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:18 am

you are right, pub is pub and she can talk cowboys, mavericks, rangers and other college sports.
centexstang
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:47 pm

She should talk about the men's soccer team - they're in the NCAA Tournament right now.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby ponyplayer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:57 pm

interesting........at least they talked about SMU.......
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby giacfsp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:30 pm

Sort of - sounded more like a self-promotion session than talk about SMU. Talk about the team was minimal. Turned into typical Ticket-babble. Is she hot, are her players hot, is her sister hot .... yawn. I actually turned on the station to hear them talk about SMU. They failed again, as always.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby MUSTANGTENNIS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I think she did great...when I talked with her before she said she knew what she was in for and just wanted to get SMU on the air. The fact that they even said SMU Tennis on the air was great!

Congrats Coach, I don't know too many people that would have the guts to face those guys and have fun with it!
MUSTANGTENNIS

Postby Junior » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm

She did do well. Good show today.
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Roach » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 pm

She was the best part of the show, that's for sure, but that's also damning with faint praise, considering the imbeciles she was sitting with. How classy was it that she goes on a show where the host (Rhyner) asked her to "stand up so I can get a look at you." Then there was a comment about getting the guys to come out and watch the match, and it was clear that the only reason was because the girls are hot, not because of the tennis. The "humor" was low-brow and void of creativity, and I felt bad because it sounded like those tools were laughing at Coach, not with her. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope they like her enough that they'll talk up SMU. Given their history of classless and mindless rambling, though, I highly doubt it.

Kudos to you, Coach, for giving it a shot. But every other host in town would have been more respectful.

Good luck with your upcoming season.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Return to Other Sports