PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why won't SMU promote soccer?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Why won't SMU promote soccer?

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Met a guy at the game Saturday night who said he was shocked to learn that our team is No. 5 in the country (or at least was in the final regular-season poll). He was at the game because his son plays soccer and wanted to go to the game, and the kid's club coach (who usually takes several players to games) was out of town for the holiday, or something. So Saturday's NCAA game was the first this guy ever had been to, and he was amazed that nobody promotes it. There are no signs on campus, there are no ads on the radio or in print - nothing. I went to almost every game, so I knew, and I read about the team on SMUMustangs.com - they're doing their part - and the chatter among the soccer loyalists on this site. But if you're not on the internet, you have no idea how good this team is. It's a real shame, too, because now they're on the road the rest of the way. Someone seriously dropped the ball.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:39 pm

" ... Someone seriously dropped the ball."

Good observation but the 'ball' was never picked up in the first place.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Otto » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:26 am

Didn't we hire some wizkid from FC Dallas who was supposed to fill the seats at Westcott? What has he been doing?
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:32 pm

They hired a wiz kid? Has he started working yet?
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Other Sports