PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's Lacrosse Parent's Weekend

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's Lacrosse Parent's Weekend

Postby MustangLaxer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 pm

It's a GREAT weekend for SMU Lacrosse as the team will be playing back to back to back games to accommodate the team parent's as they travel into Dallas from around the country. The team tries to get as many games as possible so that the entire team gets an opportunity to play in front of their parents.

First game is vs Illinois State: Friday the 22nd at 7pm at the intramural fields.

This is Illinois State's first game of the 2008 season. They compete in the Great Rivers Lacrosse Conference (Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and St Louis powerhouse Lindenwood).

I-State went 4-6 last season. This quote was pulled from their website, "The Redbirds will travel down to warm weather in Texas to play two games in one weekend. First ISU squares off against a very solid Southern Methodist Univeristy squad. The true test will come when the Redbirds take on the Longhorns of University of Texas."

Bulletin Board Material indeed...

The second game is Saturday the 23rd against Baylor (3pm, Intramural fields).

Baylor comes into the game with a 2-2 record. They lost several key contributors from last years team; however, they are anchored with very strong goaltending. Baylor will be a good challenge for the Ponies.

Sunday's game will be against Oklahoma University (Noon, Intramural fields).

OU comes into the season with a 2-3 record and will have a tough test the night before as they take on NTSU Mean Green Eagles. OU is in its third year as a program and has made enormous strides in becoming a successful program. They have more support from their school's athletic department then any other LSA team; however, expect SMU to roll in this game to make up for the schlacking the OU basketball team gave to the mustangs last year in Norman.

Pony Up for the Mustang Lax Team and pray the weather cooperates!
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby MustangLaxer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:24 pm

And yes, Illinois State DID spell university wrong in the press release...
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby MustangLaxer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Three game sin three days!!!
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby smu diamond m » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:14 pm

That's just bonkers!
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:27 pm

MustangLaxer wrote:Three game sin three days!!!

I typically sin for 6 days and try to atone on Sundays. :D
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:49 pm

mrydel wrote:

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
smupony94

Postby smu diamond m » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:55 pm

smupony94 wrote:
mrydel wrote:

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

What does that mean in this context?
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangLaxer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:22 am

The SIN was not showing up to the game.

SMU wins 11-8 over Illinois State...

State 1 1 4 2 8
SMU 3 1 1 6 11

Definitely a game of runs...

SMU went up 4-1 before Illinois State rallied to take a 6-5 lead. SMU scored 5 straight to go up 10-6 and held on for the win. Backup goaltender Taylor Hillis played for SMU as he is from Illinois and went to New Trier High School. He played outstanding, making save after save and keeping SMU in the game.

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day...show up at 3 to watch SMU take down Baylor...
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:40 am

MustangLaxer wrote:Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day...show up at 3 to watch SMU take down Baylor...

By tomorrow do you mean Saturday? If so it is a shame your game is scheduled in the midst of a women's and men's BB doubleheader. I noticed your post was at 12:22am so I am hoping your game is on Sunday. Good luck to your guys.
mrydel

Postby MustangLaxer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 am

mrydel wrote:
MustangLaxer wrote:Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day...show up at 3 to watch SMU take down Baylor...

By tomorrow do you mean Saturday? If so it is a shame your game is scheduled in the midst of a women's and men's BB doubleheader. I noticed your post was at 12:22am so I am hoping your game is on Sunday. Good luck to your guys.

The game was Saturday vs Baylor. We won 8-6. Its a shame the basketball teams decided to schedule their double header during the lacrosse game mrydel...

And it must have been awhile since you've been in college. Awake at 12:30am before a 8am faceoff would be bad...awake at 12:30am before a 3pm faceoff!!!!!!!!!!!...well below me mrydel.

SMU beat OU 15-4...

3-0 weekend for SMU

Next weekend we have Texas Tech...we're playing the game in Plano.
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:28 am

MustangLaxer wrote:
mrydel wrote:

The game was Saturday vs Baylor. We won 8-6. Its a shame the basketball teams decided to schedule their double header during the lacrosse game mrydel...

And it must have been awhile since you've been in college. Awake at 12:30am before a 8am faceoff would be bad...awake at 12:30am before a 3pm faceoff!!!!!!!!!!!...well below me mrydel.

SMU beat OU 15-4...

3-0 weekend for SMU

Next weekend we have Texas Tech...we're playing the game in Plano.

I was not reflecting on you being up late. I was hoping for attendance sake that when you said "tomorrow" that you meant Sunday since your post was actually early Saturday morning. It is a shame your game was in the midst of a BB double header.

But regardless it has been a while and my late nights are much earlier than my late nights were in the past.
mrydel

Return to Other Sports