PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Two Mustang Swimmers Tabbed C-USA All-Academic

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Jennifer Basel and Angela San Juan Cisneros Both Honored

Feb. 26, 2008

IRVING, Texas (SMU)--Two SMU women's swimming and diving team members were named to the Conference USA All-Academic team, as announced by the conference office Tuesday. Jennifer Basel and Angela San Juan Cisneros were both honored by the conference.

Basel is a repeat selection to the All-Academic team, having also been so honored last season. Basel, a breaststroke and IM participant boasts the highest GPA of all the team selections, with a 3.95 in mathematics and mechanical engineering. She has earned a spot on the Commissioner's Honor Roll the last two years and has also received the league's highest academic honor in the Commissioner's Academic Medal the last two years. This season, Basel has helped guide the Mustangs to a 5-3 dual record and a 2-0 mark against C-USA opponents. She has tabbed multiple 400 IM wins and several top-three finishes in the 200 breast this season, including notching NCAA `B' cuts in the 200 breast, the 200 IM and the 400 IM.

San Juan Cisneros is currently working on her master's degree in applied economics and holds a 3.84 GPA. She was named to the Commissioner's Honor Roll last season and is the reigning Conference USA Newcomer of the Year. This season, San Juan Cisneros has helped the Mustangs earn a 5-3 dual record and a 2-0 mark against C-USA opponents. She has earned an NCAA `B' cut in the 100 fly and is on several relays that have also earned NCAA consideration. San Juan Cisneros is a member of the 200- and 400-free relay squads that have broken multiple pool records this season. Most recently, she competed at the Missouri Grand Prix, in an effort to qualify for the Olympic team for her native Spain.

The Mustangs will look to bring home their 12th consecutive conference title and third Conference USA title at the Conference USA Championship this Wednesday, Feb. 27 through Saturday, March 1. The complete schedule and live results can be found on the Championship Central page on the Conference USA site here. Recaps will be available on SMUMustangs.com at the completion of each day's events.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smu diamond m » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Those are astonishing GPAs, especially in ME/MATH. I think she was in my advanced engineering math class.
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ready4abowl » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:05 pm

I was math and physics major at SMU, and 3.95 is mind blowing in math and ME. True talent there.
Restore the 80s Glory!
ready4abowl
Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:39 am

I am not surprised. They are swimmers after all.

:lol:
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports