PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Q&A with women's soccer commitment Amanda Burgardt

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Q&A with women's soccer commitment Amanda Burgardt

Postby PonyPride » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Arlington Martin’s corner kick soared into the Duncanville penalty area and a flash of red hair rose above the crowd and sharply headed home the goal. It was once again Lady Warriors sophomore forward Mandy Burgardt knocking home another goal, one of two she scored in Wednesday’s 4-0 victory against Duncanville.

Burgardt sits among the Top-5 area Class 5A goal-scorers with 21. Sportingly, Martin coach Ruth Knight substituted Burgardt at halftime on Wednesday once the game appeared in hand.

Burgardt said her red locks are often the way she’s identified by the opposition on the field rather than by her number. She plays with the Lady Warriors, the Polaris ’92 club in the classic league, and with North Texas State team.

What’s led to your goal-scoring success this year? [b]“I’ve had a lot of help from everyone like Natasha (Anasi) in the midfield and the other forwards and a little bit of luck, but I’m just happy to be doing what I’m doing.â€
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Since I live out of town, I only made a couple off games last year, but I liked what I saw from Coach Erwin's team. They needed some more players, but it sounds like he's got a load of players on the way. If this girl is really good and has committed as a sophomore, that speaks volumes about the impact Coach Erwin is making on the recruiting trail.

Good luck, Coach!
Hal
Varsity

Postby indianmustang » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

great pick up for coach
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports