PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question to MustangLaxer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question to MustangLaxer

Postby Caballo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 am

Give us an update on the LSA playoffs. I saw that the playoffs would be at Texas Stadium. What do we have to do to be in the playoffs, if we are not already? If you have time, can you give us a preview.

My 11 year old son played in the Plano Junior LAX league the last two years, but dropped out this year to play (cough) soccer. Nothing against soccer, but if I am going to spend an hour on a Sunday afternoon there is nothing better than a lacrosse game. I am hoping the Ponies are in the LSA playoffs so I can take him to the game in hopes that he will get the bug again.

Pony Up!!!!
Caballo
All-American

Postby MustangLaxer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am

Caballo...the Plano junior program is awesome. I spent two year coaching with Kevin MacGibbon, who also headed the junior program before becoming the Varsity coach for Plano. Lax at that level can be frustrating, but once high school starts, the fun begins as your strength and speed begin to develop.

LSA is comprised of two divisions...North and South. Here are up to date standings and the team divisions breakdown:

http://mcla.us/standings.cfm?conference ... seasonid=4

The playoffs are constructed with the top three teams in each division getting a bid for the conference championship tournament and the automatic qualifier for the National Tournament. North 1 seed and South 1 seed will get a bye to the championship weekend, which will be played at Texas Stadium.

North 2 seed with face North 3 seed at a neutral site in Dallas. South 2 seed with play South 3 seed at a neutral site in Houston. Winners go to the Championship weekend at Texas Stadium.

Winner of the South Play-In will face the North 1 seed. Winner of the North Play-In will face the South 1 seed.

This year the games begin Friday May 2nd and the LSA Championship will be Saturday May 3rd.

SMU has clinched a playoff berth. They have a game Thursday in FW vs TCU and a game Friday at Westcott Field vs UNT. Win them both and SMU gets the North Bye. Injuries have been devastating this year, but I think the mustangs have enough depth still to bring home a couple wins this weekend.
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby Caballo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing us take home the title the first weekend in May. It is on my calendar.

PONY UP!!!!!!!!!!!1
Caballo
All-American

Return to Other Sports