PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Golf Team Recognized By NCAA For Academic Achievemen

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's Golf Team Recognized By NCAA For Academic Achievemen

Postby PonyPride » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Women's Golf Team Recognized By NCAA For Academic Achievement
Mustangs Earn Honor For Second Straight Season

April 24, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (SMU) - The NCAA has honored the SMU women's golf team with a public recognition award for the team's latest multi-year Academic Progress Rate score. This marks the second straight season the Mustang women's golf program has been so honored.

The squad was one of 712 Division I sports teams selected based on their academic performance. To be honored, a team must post a multi-year APR score in the top 10 percent of all squads in its respective sport. This year's list includes 401 women's teams and 311 men's or mixed squads. A total of 192 Division I institutions had at least one team on the top APR list. High-performing teams receiving awards posted APR scores ranging from 965 to a perfect 1,000 over the data collection period.

"Congratulations to these teams and their student-athletes for success in the classroom," NCAA President Myles Brand said. "They are setting a great example for their peers and future student-athletes, as well."

The effort is part of a public-recognition program the Division I Board of Directors approved in January 2006.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyplayer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:40 am

must be a record for women`s golf posts not being deleted....

Congrats to them as the season did not go too well but at least they recieved some good news......also had two players make C-USA Team.
ponyplayer
All-American

Return to Other Sports