PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OT: SMU-Texas Lacrosse Friday at Texas Stadium

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OT: SMU-Texas Lacrosse Friday at Texas Stadium

Postby Caballo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:21 pm

I am posting this on the Football board because that gets the most foot traffic. The powers that be can move it at their discretion, like that is not evident.

CALLING ALL MUSTANGS

The SMU Lacrosse team will be taking on the Texas Longhorns Friday night at 8 p.m. at Texas Stadium in the playoffs for the Lone Star Alliance Championship. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get a last glimpse at Texas Stadium (assuming you do not go to the Cowboys games next season) and will definitely be the last series for a Mustang team in what used to be our home football stadium. Going up against a former SWC nemesis only adds to the allure. When we win, the championship game will be Saturday night against either Texas A&M or North Texas.

So, come one and come all to cheer on the Mustangs. If any of you alumni band members are out there, this also might be a great opportunity to show up with your instruments and blast Peruna through Texas Stadium. Now that should bring back some memories. Maybe someone can dig up the horn that was always carried to the Texas game to counter Big Bertha. Someone remind me of the name of the horn.

I know I am stealing MustangLaxer's thunder on this, but he has enough to do in getting ready for the game. Let's have a good showing at the game and support the Mustangs. If you have never been to a lacrosse game, you will be hooked. The kids will really love it, too.

PONY UP!
Caballo
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm there. And I am going to forward this to Cricket Griffin who is in charge of email communications for the youth lacrosse league in the Park Cities. Maybe others can forward to their DFW-based kids' lacrosse league and/or teams.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BIGHORSE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:43 pm

could you move the game to Ford stadium? :lol:
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUPhil » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm

The big tuba was "Big Naomi", and it's still hanging in the band hall, although I don't think it's in any shape to be played or moved.

IF I were in Dallas, I'd be all over getting some band guys together to go play at this. Now that I've guilted those of you that DO live in Dallas...

Go Stangs! Buck Bevo!
Sent from my Motorola brick.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby gostangs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Lacrosse is taking over the world. Its the best game going. I'll be there. Make sure you check those sips into the third row. We should have lots more east coast guys then they do - so we should definately trounce them in Lacrosse.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mr. pony » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm

Kick the 'Horns' #sses. Just like in the '85 football game there. :lol: :lol:
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Caballo » Thu May 01, 2008 1:30 pm

If you did not see it on the "Other Sports" board, the game has been moved to 7 p.m. Beer will be served at the game, per information from our very own MustangLaxer. Not that that would induce anyone to go, but it is defintely a bonus.

No Fruit Sucks Like the Big Orange of Texas!!!!
Caballo
All-American

Postby MustangLaxer » Sun May 04, 2008 4:26 pm

we lost the game 15-6...we went up 3-1 before texas went on a 13-1 run.

east coast laxers are overrated. if they were legit they'd be playing D1
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby MustangLaxer » Sun May 04, 2008 4:30 pm

#13 Texas A&M beat Texas 10-6 for the conference championship and the automatic qualification to the 16 team national tournament that will be played in Dallas. The semifinals and championship will be held in texas stadium may 17 & 18 respectively.

Major League Lacrosse will be played in Dallas May 25th in Texas Stadium...defending champion philidelphia barrage and the long island lizards will face off. Rumor has it that philidelphia is looking to relocate to dallas...
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Why is this off-topic? this is the Other Sports board. Is this not an "other" sport?
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Red+BlueDude » Tue May 06, 2008 5:24 pm

Because it was started on the football board, and then moved to where it belongs.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Re: OT: SMU-Texas Lacrosse Friday at Texas Stadium

Postby MustangLaxer » Tue May 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Caballo wrote:I am posting this on the Football board because that gets the most foot traffic. The powers that be can move it at their discretion, like that is not evident.

read before you question
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 pm

heh.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby MustangLaxer » Wed May 07, 2008 8:35 pm

i mean we all were smu educated at one point right...
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Return to Other Sports