PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's Tennis Earns NCAA Invite

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's Tennis Earns NCAA Invite

Postby PonyPride » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Men's Tennis Going Dancing
No. 40 Mustangs Headed to NCAAs to Face Texas A&M Next Friday

April 29, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS (SMU)--The SMU men's tennis team will make its return to the NCAA tournament next Friday, May 10. The Mustangs will face regional rival No. 25 Texas A&M at Baylor in Waco, Texas.

The selection marks the 11th trip for the Mustangs in the last 12 years.

"I'm really excited about our season and the way we've progressed," said head coach Carl Neufeld. "Our goal is always to play our best tennis at the end of the season. I'm excited about the chance to play in the national championship and see just how good we've become."

The Mustangs will enter the tournament at 20-8, the best team record since the 2001 season. The Aggies boast a 12-11 record, with all 11 losses coming to teams currently ranked in the top 25. The last time these teams met in the NCAA tournament was in 1998, when the Mustangs prevailed, 4-3.

The Aggies have one ranked singles player in No. 25 Conor Pollock, and one ranked pair in No. 20 Pollock and Austin Krajicek.

The winner of the SMU-TAMU match-up will face the winner of the Baylor-Oral Roberts match. The championship match will be held at the Michael D. Case Tennis Center in Tulsa.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ready4abowl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Congrats gents. Crush the Aggies!
Restore the 80s Glory!
ready4abowl
Varsity

Postby Higher Authority » Thu May 01, 2008 5:13 pm

I hate everything about Aggie High.

GO MUSTANGS!
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby smu diamond m » Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 pm

I thought about coming up with something clever -- a la "plow the aggies" or something equivalently dumb...

BTHOOTAMU
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports