PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Schellas Hyndman

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Dark Horse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:... It is also worth noting that SMU has a great record in its friendlies against FCD.
Good point. I watched both meetings this spring, and SMU outclassed the pros in each. With professional-caliber talent, he could do very well.

Please stay, Coach!
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby JasonB » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm

I don't think they played this spring, did they? I think FCD played other colleges, and SMU played other MLS teams....

Anyway, keep in mind that when they play, FCD has a bunch of college players or high school draftpicks playing, mixed with some free agents who are in on trial. The frist teamers don't play usually because at that point in the season, they are trying to shake out who will make their travelling roster for the preseason trip to Brazil. It certainly does say something about the lack of quality depth on MLS teams though....
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPride » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:29 pm

SMU tied FC Dallas 2/26/08 and beat the FC Dallas Reserves 4/13/08.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:58 pm

I have been gone and not keeping track of all of this. However, I would be surprised (but not shocked ) if Schellas is hired. He does not seem to fit the profile of what FC Dallas indicated it was looking for when Morrow was fired . The player's favorite appears to be Oscae Pareja who would be OK. I do not believe FC Dallas is willing to shell out the money for a top well respected experienced professional manager. So as long as the Hunts are making the call, Schellas will be a contender for the job. Personally I believe it would be better for both SMU and FC Dallas if he stays at SMU and wins the elusive national title.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:I have been gone and not keeping track of all of this. However, I would be surprised (but not shocked ) if Schellas is hired. He does not seem to fit the profile of what FC Dallas indicated it was looking for when Morrow was fired . The player's favorite appears to be Oscae Pareja who would be OK. I do not believe FC Dallas is willing to shell out the money for a top well respected experienced professional manager. So as long as the Hunts are making the call, Schellas will be a contender for the job. Personally I believe it would be better for both SMU and FC Dallas if he stays at SMU and wins the elusive national title.

The only profile that he fits is the Hunt's, not what the GM said they were looking for, and that is all that matters.

I agree with you on both of the last two accounts, but it is a done deal.
JasonB

Previous

Return to Other Sports