PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU's Hyndman interviews with FC Dallas

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Vitale » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Nothing on FC Dallas website.
Nothing on MLS website.
Nothing on DMN website.
Nothing on ESPN website.
Nothing on Fox Sports website.

Aside from the aimless ramblings of the blogging soccer fans out there, is there a credible member of the media reporting this?
Vitale
All-American

Postby Oldkeeper » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 am

Fox Soccer Channel. They announced it on their weekly roundup last night. It is not on the site as Dallas has not made the formal announcement....To be exact it was on Fox Soccer Report, Wednesday night, in the MLS Pulse section of the show.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby JasonB » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:57 am

Silk wrote:Says who? The bloggers out there who get ahold of speculation and run with it as "reporting"? I doubt it. He's out of the country until next week - do you really think he's going to be announced as the new head honcho from 10,000 miles away?

What's your source? Not saying to give a name - protect your sources - but something like "someone in the FCDallas front office" or "I know the guy who does Coach H's taxes" ?

Or do you have a non-blog link?

My sourse is several people associated with FC Dallas. I don't have a history of making things up, check my record on this site. I have been here for a long, long time.

My sources indicate they are simply waiting on league approval to have someone hold the TD and coaching positions, which has never been done before in MLS. We thought the announcement would be today, but apparently it is just a Hitch pres conference. So, they will announce early next week.

The only way this doesn't happen is if SH backs out at the last minute, if he has a crazy change of heart while in Europe. Or if for some reason MLS vetoes it, but I would be really surprised to see that happen.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:58 am

jkflamebo wrote:
JasonB wrote:SH will be announced as FCD TD and head coach this week.

i smell bull****

I've been on this site long enough that I am really surprised that you would say that.
JasonB

Postby George S. Patton » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 am

As I said before, I'm not even worried about this. There are so many HC and assoc HC people who will go after this job because of the prestige. I talked with a friend of mine who was GK at Boston U and he already knows two coaches who have been watching this thing unfold.

We will get a very good coach. This program will not suffer IMO.
George S. Patton

Postby Oldkeeper » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Just guessing, but I would say Tim McClements probably has the inside track on the job when it comes available (though he certainly won't be the only applicant)
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby Dark Horse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Oldkeeper wrote:Just guessing, but I would say Tim McClements probably has the inside track on the job when it comes available (though he certainly won't be the only applicant)
Over Kevin Grimes? Doubt it.
I've heard there are several head coaches at big-time programs who have admitted interest, at least in part because of the talent factory that is the state of Texas. Finding a replacement will not be hard.

But until it's official, I'm going to hold out hope that Coach Hyndman stays.

If he does, I'll thank him for his remarkable run at SMU and wish him all the luck in the world with FC Dallas .... and then hope like hell SMU hires Grimes.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby expony18 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 pm

expony18 wrote:
expony18 wrote:talked to some guys this weekend that said he was gone
BUMP
BUMP
expony18

Postby Vitale » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Your speculation - or the speculation by the guys you talked to - proved accurate.
A real shame - Coach Hyndman is a top-tier coach and a top-tier man. I'll miss him.
Thankfully the next SMU coach will inherit a team that is absolutely loaded.
Vitale
All-American

Postby expony18 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Vitale wrote:Your speculation - or the speculation by the guys you talked to - proved accurate.
A real shame - Coach Hyndman is a top-tier coach and a top-tier man. I'll miss him.
Thankfully the next SMU coach will inherit a team that is absolutely loaded.
it wasnt speculation by my sources.. i know people :wink:
expony18

Postby JasonB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:27 pm

jkflamebo wrote:
JasonB wrote:SH will be announced as FCD TD and head coach this week.

i smell bull****

Bump.
JasonB

Postby mrydel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:28 pm

In my best recollection expony18 has only been wrong once with his sources, and he stated that time he was not certain and would drop the source if it were not true (Fran). I assume he dropped that source and continues to be on target with his predictions.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby hartlepool » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Seems several articles are popping up about the Hyndman to FC Dallas hiring.
http://www.soccermogul.com
and
http://www.mlsnet.com
hartlepool

Postby expony18 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 pm

mrydel wrote:In my best recollection expony18 has only been wrong once with his sources, and he stated that time he was not certain and would drop the source if it were not true (Fran). I assume he dropped that source and continues to be on target with his predictions.
well my source was right about fran to a certain extent... they knew fran was waiting if JJ didnt come through... but thanks for the support :wink:
expony18

Previous

Return to Other Sports