PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SH resigns....

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SH resigns....

Postby JasonB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:43 pm

http://www.3rddegree.net/2008/06/schell ... -from-smu/

Sucks for FCD, sucks for SMU. SMU will be fine though, there are a ton of people interested and all are quality.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jkflamebo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:48 pm

wow. this could spell trouble for the program in more ways than one
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:58 pm

It is a grand day. We finally have a coach good enough to be hired away. Lets reload and keep going. Hopefully all of our programs will have desirable coaches some day.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

SMU will be fine. Still the only men's team in Texas and the closest is Tulsa. That alone makes SMU one of the most attractive men's soccer jobs in the country.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Vitale » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 pm

jkflamebo wrote:wow. this could spell trouble for the program in more ways than one
Nah. It's a dark day, to be sure - a new coach after 24 years? - but the program will be fine. Guys are reeling now, I'm sure, but once the dust settles, the program will be fine. There are some top-flight coaches inquiring already.
Vitale
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:33 pm

we'll be fine. he's toyed with this job for several years now.

we need bigger and tougher players to actually win a championship. He needed to recruit the smaller quicker players for our rinky dink field. Hopefully we'll get a top notch coach and be able to put in real seats for the fans with upgrades.
Pony_Fan

Postby jkflamebo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:05 pm

mrydel wrote:It is a grand day

no, it's not. not many coaches have the knowledge and experience schellas has at the college level. i dont care if we send coaches elsewhere, that is not the primary goal here folks
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Junior » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Good luck, Coach. You've given a ton to the university during your time here.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Eddie P » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:58 pm

I just spit my water all over the place. Are some of you people kidding me? Only one of the finest coaches to ever walk the campus and you think its cool and that we will just find someone better? This aint freaking pb who just left guys. Yes, the program will endure. But some of the flippant comments in this thread are rather shocking.

Postby mrydel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:29 pm

It is a grand day.
mrydel

Postby jkflamebo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:35 pm

mrydel wrote:It is a grand day.

haha u know a lot about soccer!
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Eddie P » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Perhaps in your interesting reality its a grand day. I am aware that at a certain age that just waking up in the morning constitutes a grand day. I hope you weren't referring to this.

Also, assuming a lack of meds, senility and illegal substances I don't see how you trumpet this as a good thing. But hey, I've noticed multiple posts from you spouting this deranged logic that losing good coaches means we are making progress. This theory would work if we were guaranteed that our next hire would be an upgrade automatically. Since life doesn't work that way, I respectfully think your theory is bollocks.

Postby mrydel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:44 pm

jkflamebo wrote:
mrydel wrote:It is a grand day.

haha u know a lot about soccer!

Well lets wait and see. You said in the other thread that his leaving was pure rubbish so apparently you do not know too much either. He was a great coach at SMU and I am not happy he is leaving but rather happy he is bettering himself, at least in his mind. He deserves it. Now, why don't we go out and hire a coach from one of the teams that has been beating our butts in the tourney each year and see if we can move forward.
mrydel

Postby mrydel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Eddie P wrote:Perhaps in your interesting reality its a grand day. I am aware that at a certain age that just waking up in the morning constitutes a grand day. I hope you weren't referring to this.

Also, assuming a lack of meds, senility and illegal substances I don't see how you trumpet this as a good thing. But hey, I've noticed multiple posts from you spouting this deranged logic that losing good coaches means we are making progress. This theory would work if we were guaranteed that our next hire would be an upgrade automatically. Since life doesn't work that way, I respectfully think your theory is bollocks.

If you want to remain just short of a championship I guess you are correct and I bow to your logic.
mrydel

Postby mustangbill67 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 pm

As both a Pony fan and a FC Dallas fan, I agree with Jason. This is bad for both teams. I do not have confidence that Schellas can make a difference at the pro level. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong. As for the Ponies, we are losing an institution but life goes on. We have an outstanding team returning and a top 10 recruiting class. I am confident that Orsini (or whoever is the AD) will find the right person to continue this program at the highest level.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Other Sports