PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Grimes already interested in SMU job

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby expony18 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:27 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:GIVE THE JOB TO GRIMEY!!!
my sources say he is the number 1
expony18
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Scoops » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Interesting.
My sources say that while he might be the sentimental favorite — and might well end up with the job — that SMU has not yet begun the search, as Steve-O has been on vacation.
Hope you're right — I like Grimes — but I think your source might be a bit premature on this one.
Scoops
All-American

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 am

Scoops wrote:Interesting.
My sources say that while he might be the sentimental favorite — and might well end up with the job — that SMU has not yet begun the search, as Steve-O has been on vacation.
Hope you're right — I like Grimes — but I think your source might be a bit premature on this one.

I read somewhere that SO was going to use an internal search committee rather than an outside firm. The job was posted the day Schellas left. I believe the school has to wait a certain time period (30 days?) after the job is posted to hire anyone. I would assume SO will move quickly after the posting time period expires to fill the position. So the fact that SO is on vacation is of no consequence. If he were to leave for ND, this could possibly slow the process down unless there is a clear favorite for the job.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am

jkflamebo wrote:your soccer "knowledge" is bogus. u dont have a clue what you're talking about. what egos in u.s. soccer???? that suni gulati guy who teaches economics classes in new york?!?!?! are u a psycho? klinsman was always reported but never wanted the job i.e. held out for the bayern munich post. the only thing i agree with u on is ur uruguay warning in a later post, they are a team with some very good players. dont know why u live in peru, that probably blows

Your comments about my soccer knowledge show your complete lack of intelligence. I may not know everything about soccer but I know a great deal about it. It has been common knowledge for years that one of the problems with the NT was ‘too many chiefs and not enough indians’. Since Klinsman is married to an American and lives in California it made a lot of sense that he would accept the NT coaching position. However, the ‘powers that be’ refused to give him the authority and degree of responsibility that he wanted and so the deal fell apart. IMHO there were not even any rumors of a pending change at FC Bayern during that time frame.
Regarding your comments about Peru. It is a very interesting place. I was very fortunate to be able to retire at 50 and decided that I wanted try and give something back by trying to help people. I came to Peru to teach English as a second language and learn more about the Latin culture. I have been here for three years and now will be returning to the U.S. very shortly. Why don’t you try and do something constructive with your life?

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:44 pm

expony18 wrote:
SMU Football Blog wrote:GIVE THE JOB TO GRIMEY!!!
my sources say he is the number 1

- and -

Scoops wrote:Interesting.

I don't have any sources, can I use a "street shout out"?

Actually, I do have a source, expony18.... so my sources (source) are (is) saying that Grimes is the number 1. ;)
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:16 pm

"It has been common knowledge for years that one of the problems with the NT was ‘too many chiefs and not enough indians’. Since Klinsman is married to an American and lives in California it made a lot of sense that he would accept the NT coaching position. However, the ‘powers that be’ refused to give him the authority and degree of responsibility that he wanted and so the deal fell apart. IMHO there were not even any rumors of a pending change at FC Bayern during that time frame."

This is my understanding as well from what I have read about the Klinsman situation. Too bad, I am not convinced that Bradley is the man to take the national team very far in the world cup.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jkflamebo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:09 pm

redpony wrote:
jkflamebo wrote:your soccer "knowledge" is bogus. u dont have a clue what you're talking about. what egos in u.s. soccer???? that suni gulati guy who teaches economics classes in new york?!?!?! are u a psycho? klinsman was always reported but never wanted the job i.e. held out for the bayern munich post. the only thing i agree with u on is ur uruguay warning in a later post, they are a team with some very good players. dont know why u live in peru, that probably blows

Your comments about my soccer knowledge show your complete lack of intelligence. I may not know everything about soccer but I know a great deal about it. It has been common knowledge for years that one of the problems with the NT was ‘too many chiefs and not enough indians’. Since Klinsman is married to an American and lives in California it made a lot of sense that he would accept the NT coaching position. However, the ‘powers that be’ refused to give him the authority and degree of responsibility that he wanted and so the deal fell apart. IMHO there were not even any rumors of a pending change at FC Bayern during that time frame.
Regarding your comments about Peru. It is a very interesting place. I was very fortunate to be able to retire at 50 and decided that I wanted try and give something back by trying to help people. I came to Peru to teach English as a second language and learn more about the Latin culture. I have been here for three years and now will be returning to the U.S. very shortly. Why don’t you try and do something constructive with your life?

GO PONIES!!!

ur usa team knowledge is extremely suspect. everyone knows klinnsman lives in so cal and has an american wife. in the int'l futbol world, that means nothing. still kind of wondering why ur asking me to do something constructive with my life? i thought this was a soccer thread? i'll definitely be retired by 50, but i sure as hell won't be in a third world country for three years around then
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUguy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:18 pm

HIRE KEVIN GRIMES NOW, DAMMIT!
He needs to get to know these players before two-a-days start.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Previous

Return to Other Sports