PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

'deteriorating relationship between Hyndman and [Orsini]'?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

'deteriorating relationship between Hyndman and [Orsini]'?

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 am

This from the front page of 3rd Degree, a site I used to hit a lot before moving away, and still check in on from time to time for FCD news --

"Are you ready for the Schellas Hyndman (right) era to begin? The long term relationship with Lamar Hunt (left) and the his family is certainly the biggest factor that led to this hire, but let’s not undersell the apparently deteriorating relationship between Hyndman and SMU’s relatively new AD, Steve Orsini (center), in this move."

http://www.3rddegree.net/

Granted, I don't traffic the 'other sports' forum everyday, or sometimes every week for that matter, but has this 'deteriorating relationship' been discussed? This is the first I've heard of it. At least I think this is the first time, there's something in the back of my mind that says maybe I had heard this before. But who knows?

Any of you folks closer to the situation have any insight?
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ikus » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm

If a deteriorating relationship between the two drove Coach Hyndman away, then someone is taking that mob boss crap too far.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby J.T.supporta » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 pm

interesting point thad. might have led to SH leaving.
J.T.supporta

Postby Ponymon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 pm

You would have thought that Schellas would wait out Orsini to see if he signs with Notre Dame before making the decision to jump ship if that was the only reason. :?
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mathman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Ponymon wrote:You would have thought that Schellas would wait out Orsini to see if he signs with Notre Dame before making the decision to jump ship if that was the only reason. :?

That makes sense.
mathman
Heisman

Postby smu diamond m » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 pm

I, for some reason, don't think SO would have a beef with a perennial winner... no college cups, but he certainly met the top 25 criteria.
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:45 am

The SH - Orsini relationship wasn't the reason SH left SMU, but it could have been a factor that pushed him over the edge.

I know Buzz and write for 3rddegree occasionally. He doesn't print stuff just for laughs; if he prints it, he has very, very strong sources that indicate that it is a fact... he is just as professional as PonyPride and the folks who run Ponyfans when it comes to maintaining integrity.
JasonB

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:08 am

J.T.supporta wrote:interesting point thad. might have led to SH leaving.

Not my point, but if true, certainly wouldn't have helped.

I agree with you smu diamond m, but....

JasonB wrote:The SH - Orsini relationship wasn't the reason SH left SMU, but it could have been a factor that pushed him over the edge.

I know Buzz and write for 3rddegree occasionally. He doesn't print stuff just for laughs; if he prints it, he has very, very strong sources that indicate that it is a fact... he is just as professional as PonyPride and the folks who run Ponyfans when it comes to maintaining integrity.

Yeah, I really can't dispute that. Buzz is extremely above board, it was just, shall we say, interesting to read that note.

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:53 pm

JasonB wrote:The SH - Orsini relationship wasn't the reason SH left SMU, but it could have been a factor that pushed him over the edge.

You're too kind, JasonB. Thanks!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Re: 'deteriorating relationship between Hyndman and [Orsini]'?

Postby Dubbya » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 pm

ThadFilms wrote:Image
I'm guessing Lamar Hunt wouldn't be smiling if he saw Coach Hyndman leave SMU, even to go to his professional team. Whatever factors went into this that allowed Coach to leave will be hard to forgive.
Dubbya
Junior Varsity

Postby smu diamond m » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:28 am

ThadFilms wrote:
J.T.supporta wrote:interesting point thad. might have led to SH leaving.

Not my point, but if true, certainly wouldn't have helped.

I agree with you smu diamond m, but....

Yeah, I really can't dispute that. Buzz is extremely above board, it was just, shall we say, interesting to read that note.

I was by no means questions this guys' integrity, sorry if it came off that way.

I'm saying that if they had problems, they were probably the problems SO would get over in light of SH incredible performance record. The gap between more and enough never closes -- maybe SO got tired of hearing about SMU making it so far and never closing.
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: 'deteriorating relationship between Hyndman and [Orsini]

Postby ThadFilms » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Dubbya wrote:
ThadFilms wrote:Image
I'm guessing Lamar Hunt wouldn't be smiling if he saw Coach Hyndman leave SMU, even to go to his professional team. Whatever factors went into this that allowed Coach to leave will be hard to forgive.

I disagree, I'm pretty sure Lamar had been on board in all previous attempts that FC Dallas/the Burn made at acquiring SH.

smu diamond m wrote:I was by no means questions this guys' integrity, sorry if it came off that way.

No it didn't come off that way at all.... again, this was something I really hadn't heard about before.

ThadFilms

Return to Other Sports