PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UPDATE: Schellas Hyndman Puts Vets 'On Notice'

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UPDATE: Schellas Hyndman Puts Vets 'On Notice'

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:17 pm

from the New York Times:

Schellas Hyndman is only three games — a loss and two draws — into his tenure as the coach of F.C. Dallas (4-6-6, 18 points), but he has put some underachieving veterans on notice.

“Don’t think you’re untouchable,â€
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smu diamond m » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 am

I'm pretty sure he's going to put a fire under everyone's [deleted] and start winning some games
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 am

He doesn't have the players to fit his system.
Expect a major offseason overhaul of the roster and the winning to start next year.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Paladin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:38 pm

Come on, admit it. What difference does a coach in soccer (or hockey for that matter) really make in an individual game, once the players have been selected and on the field. Isn't it true that a Caveman could do the job from the sidelines ?
Paladin
All-American

Postby Scoops » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow. No - not even close.

Great coaching is vital. There have been many times over the years when Coach Hyndman made in-game adjustments that helped us pull out games that appeared to be a lost cause.

If coaching didn't matter in soccer or hockey - or any other sport - coaches wouldn't make anywhere near the money they make.
Scoops
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Paladin wrote:Come on, admit it. What difference does a coach in soccer (or hockey for that matter) really make in an individual game, once the players have been selected and on the field. Isn't it true that a Caveman could do the job from the sidelines ?
I look forward to what you think about 'a difference in coach' makes on the football field this coming season. ;)
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Paladin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:
Paladin wrote:Come on, admit it. What difference does a coach in soccer (or hockey for that matter) really make in an individual game, once the players have been selected and on the field. Isn't it true that a Caveman could do the job from the sidelines ?
I look forward to what you think about 'a difference in coach' makes on the football field this coming season. ;)

That is my point entirely. In football a coach is involved in every play, offense and defense. Strickly from the viewpoint of the fan in the stands a soccer coach chooses the starting line-up and let's em loose. Granted I have not played organized soccer.
Paladin
All-American

Return to Other Sports